SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slk 230 & CLK500
Nav

Just had the dealer install the MB Nav system to my 05 with command. They did not give me the command manual so I must buy one from them at my expense. Seems they did not program correctly in that in the owners manual page 124 it shows that in the information screen between the speedo & tach it should have a Nav menu, mine does not. Not sure exactly how to work it till I get the manual, things like memory etc. Also at night is the screen supposed to get darker.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:12 PM
-1-

SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
Originally Posted by steve1173
Just had the dealer install the MB Nav system to my 05 with command. They did not give me the command manual so I must buy one from them at my expense. Seems they did not program correctly in that in the owners manual page 124 it shows that in the information screen between the speedo & tach it should have a Nav menu, mine does not. Not sure exactly how to work it till I get the manual, things like memory etc. Also at night is the screen supposed to get darker.
Great! I didn't realize the dealers did this type of work. Why didn't the MB NAV system come with a manual? I would have said "where's the instruction manual that came with this thing? Oh well, it's a nice upgrade. I hope you get plenty of use to justify the expense.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:19 PM

SLK 350
Originally Posted by steve1173
If you do not see Nav display in the info screen, the dealer did not program it correctly. As you scroll through the screen you should see it. There is no special requriment in COMMAND to see it. When Nav is not routing you, there should be a compass displayed.

The dealer should use these instructions:
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Mercedes-...0_P-54-30-141/