SLK/R171: COMAND Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SLK55, 04 SL55
COMAND Software

Could somebody with a COMAND unit running the 2006 software tell me if the nav display is very jerky not a smooth display it updates every second or so.
The reason i ask is because its annoying me and the dealer want to update the head units software but i dont want them to do it unless it will fix it as i dont want to loose engineering mode.

Thanks for any help
Dan
Old 06-09-2006, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by DansSlk
Could somebody with a COMAND unit running the 2006 software tell me if the nav display is very jerky not a smooth display it updates every second or so.
The reason i ask is because its annoying me and the dealer want to update the head units software but i dont want them to do it unless it will fix it as i dont want to loose engineering mode.

Thanks for any help
Dan
The map always follows what the car does .... so it's always behind what you are doing in any event.

Yes you will lose distraction mode if you get the updates done.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SLK55, 04 SL55
Originally Posted by benzmodz
The map always follows what the car does .... so it's always behind what you are doing in any event.

Yes you will lose distraction mode if you get the updates done.
Hi thanks for the reply what i was trying to get at is that on my previous M3 the display was always moving on my SLK it updates every second or so making it very jumpy the dealer thinks that the new software will fix it i am not so sure as it appears the nav updates its position every second so i don't see how the screen can be made to constantly move unless there is a bit of dead reckoning going on also.

Thanks
Dan