SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: New Slk Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML 350
Question New Slk Issues

In recent weeks I bought my wife a new '06 350 SLK. With about 4,000 miles on the car now, two minor issues have come up and I wanted to ask if anyone else has these problems:

(1) Water leak between drivers side windshield plier & retractable hardtop.(2) Annoying "whining" noise believed to be coming from the differential after driving for prolonged period at highway speeds.[/I]Although these are obviously warranty issues, I would like to get an idea how common the problems might be.

It must be said that we love this car, and enjoy it immensely. Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.
(JD)
Old 07-06-2006, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
I don't have either issues on my 06' SLK but water leak has been mentioned before due to the rubber part not being aligned correctly, easy fix. The whining noise also seem to be related to the rubber piece allowing noise thru at high speed, are you sure it's coming from the differential?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:21 PM

2006 ML 350
Thanks for the reply. I am sure the noise is coming from the drive-line. Most likely the rear end. The noise comes and goes with the application if power. Under load the whine is evident. Lift off the accelerator, and the whine subsides. The noise is also related to heat as it only occurs when the drive-line components are obviously hot from highway speeds.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by JimDavis MT-CLK
Thanks for the reply. I am sure the noise is coming from the drive-line. Most likely the rear end. The noise comes and goes with the application if power. Under load the whine is evident. Lift off the accelerator, and the whine subsides. The noise is also related to heat as it only occurs when the drive-line components are obviously hot from highway speeds.
You might be able to find your solution here, I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171...s-recalls.html