SLK/R171: Bluetooth telephone synch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB SLK 350 with pathetic amg parts
Bluetooth telephone synch

To forum members, need help on understanding how to connect my phone to the bluetooth phone system?

Do I have to buy a damn cradle?

It already senses Bluetooth devices...for my lexus IS250, it connects and integrates, I'm being told by the dealer I have to spend another gargantuan amount to attain phone connectability without having to buy a certain phone cradle and a new phone?! arghhhh I only found out today when i got it...
farkkarkark

j
Old 08-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK 350 (2006)
You had to order the car with the handsfree wiring. If you have the wiring (which apparently is expensive to do after the fact), then you have a choice of a phone specific puck or a bluetooth puck. You can see it at www.wireless4mb.com Although they give a specific list of phones that are guaranteed to work with it, others do work. I have a Verizon Razr V3c and it seems to work fine.

If you don't have one of the phones on their list, they make darn sure you understand that and will not allow you to return it if the puck doesn't work with your phone.

Several of us had the handsfree wiring installed, but the extra noise cancellation microphones were not installed. And even if they are, you have to change a connector in the trunk to activate the extra microphones.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Yep I have the wiring done and some kind of thing to plug something in, in the middle box behind the hand brake lever.

I dont understand the whole mechanics of the "noise cancellation" mics... but I get what you mean with the "puck".

Looks like more money to be spent on a blue tooth set..*sigh*
Old 08-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Almost a Member!

SLK 350 (2006)
$350 Us
Old 08-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Almost a Member!

that girl on the http://www.wireless4mb.com/ site is bloody hot. Damn it, i dont want the bluetooth set anymore, i want her!