SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Cracked Mirror Signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SLK 350, 97 S420, 92 Jeep, 04 Kia, 28 Ford Tudor, 51 Ford F3, 01 Harley, 03 Harley
Talking Cracked Mirror Signal

I am having an issue with the dealer for a cracked turn signal on the drivers mirror.
The car NEVER is left alone and no one is able to get close to it but the lens is cracked.

I seem to remember this being posted a couple of years ago, and maybe not on the SLK site. I think I remember someone reporting this be a MB problem.

Anyone remember? I didn't find it on the TSB list but would appreciate your help.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:28 AM

2009 SLK 55 AMG
this is discussed over at the other slk forums before as you stated. i had my right side mirror replaced under warranty. print up a few replies covering the cracked lenses and take it to the service dept and make a stink. the squeeky wheel gets the greae. good luck
Old 12-27-2006, 07:02 PM

2005 SLK350, Mars Red - Tan Interiors
When I first washed my car in the USA (Euro Delivery & 2K miles over there), I noticed fog inside the turn signal lens on the passenger side. My dealer replaced the lens under warranty without even questioning me at all. But I have a great dealer. (MB of Tacoma)
Old 12-28-2006, 01:44 PM

05 SLK 350, 97 S420, 92 Jeep, 04 Kia, 28 Ford Tudor, 51 Ford F3, 01 Harley, 03 Harley
Wish we had a good dealer here... they used to be terrible, got bought out and in my opinion have not done much better in the service world.
I dropped mine off this AM and again grumbled and explained to them about the crack.
The guy says he is unsure of any TSB's or info on this and even after I explained the problem has been reported by several he still trys to blow me off.
I think they may come around as I also informed the sales person (at least they got better in that field) that I will not purchase anymore vehicles from them... we will see, do they want return business or not?
Another one that pi... upset me.. was when I asked about checking the current TSB's that are out on these models. He informs me that they only check those when someone complains. Which is basically what the TSB's say however when I called to make the appointment I asked and was told they always check on all vehicles coming in for service.... ah, BMW is sounding better all the time!
Old 12-29-2006, 02:58 PM

NO luck. Dealer is still junk.
I had my car serviced (B) and scheduled a State safety check. They informed me the insurance card must be on the insurance company's letterhead. Mine emails me the proof of insurance but dealer won't accept.
Sooo the car was in, got serviced and sat there. I still have to get the State safety check done. Which I have scheduled with another company.
Also they would not replace the mirror signal under warranty.... They washed the car after I told them not to and did a terrible job, moved all the seat, wheel and mirror adjustments, just overall JUNK service.

Bottom line, this is the last one I buy from the local dealer. Last service other than warranty and I am on a campaign to let all know Honolulu MB dealer service is no better with the new owners.
BTW, the service guy asked that I rate him high as it helps with his job... now that really got me going!
Happy New Year to all !