SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: ipod cable in '09 slk, USB conversion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk 280
ipod cable in '09 slk, USB conversion?

Ok so I've got my '09 slk on order and it should be here by the end of July. I understand that they have an Ipod interface as well as an Aux jack. I have a non-ipod MP3 player I would like to use with the car, but I don't want to use the aux jack as it degrades sound quality. Anyone know of a conversion adapter to covert the Ipod (yuck) adapter to a standard USB 2.0 adapter?? I REALLY don't understand why MB went with an Ipod interface when there are so many MP3 player makers out there that use standard USB 2.0. And the aux jack is a poor, poor substitute.

Better yet, the Y-cable that has the ipod and aux jacks on it can actually be unplugged from the main port in the glove compartment. Perhaps there is usb converter that can be plugged directly into said port?

Last edited by Cousjcc; 06-29-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 AM

SLK350 facelift
If you have ordered the Media Interface option - ie for iPod etc you then need to buy a cable to connect your iPod to the car. In the cable kit comes another cable which allows you to connect a full size usb cable to the car - does this help?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 PM

2012 SLK 350 Mars Red
Originally Posted by Cousjcc
Ok so I've got my '09 slk on order and it should be here by the end of July. I understand that they have an Ipod interface as well as an Aux jack. I have a non-ipod MP3 player I would like to use with the car, but I don't want to use the aux jack as it degrades sound quality. Anyone know of a conversion adapter to covert the Ipod (yuck) adapter to a standard USB 2.0 adapter?? I REALLY don't understand why MB went with an Ipod interface when there are so many MP3 player makers out there that use standard USB 2.0. And the aux jack is a poor, poor substitute.

Better yet, the Y-cable that has the ipod and aux jacks on it can actually be unplugged from the main port in the glove compartment. Perhaps there is usb converter that can be plugged directly into said port?
There's a thread on the other SLK forum about this exact issue:
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-gen...terface-5.html
The cable you need is part number: A 204 827 03 04