SLK/R171: Hey Caboz!! Questions about the Audio 20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SLK 280
Hey Caboz!! Questions about the Audio 20

Hey Caboz,

A few questions if you, or anyone else knowledgeable on the matter can chime in... please and thanks

I have a 2007 SLK280 from Canada... I really want to get an integrated system for Bluetooth and for ipod. Price is always a consideration, but functionality is more important to me.

Caboz, I am a little confused with the background on your project comments. To my mind, this might include some data as to what model from what year radio is going into what model/ year car. Sorry, newbie, maybe it was elsewhere than the comments of your posts.

Caboz, you appear to be the subject matter guru and all around good guy for posting on this matter, so, if you are about... please enlighten me.

So, with that said, again, I have a 2007 SLK280 from Canada. (does anyone know if this is deemed an american model or euro? thoughts appreciated)

Secondly, you had mentioned getting a Audio 20 radio, but I am unsure what model this radio might have come from? 2009? As 2009 had integrated bluetooth... I hope that this is the model.

I would be interested to know of your experiences in integration, with any hints relative to my model... if you please.

You also mentioned that there might be Bluetooth Audio 20s in the wilds but, I would love to have a pointer to a source? as well as any advice as to compatibility to a CDN car.

The dealer here is being an opportunist. They cannot decide as to whether the price for a 2009 Audio 20 is less than 500$C or somewhat above 1800$C... sound familiar?

I have reviewed your pointers on installation etc.... but I just cant get to understanding what model year radio went into what car... or for that matter, what other wires, harnesses etc need be required to pull this off

Thanks to one and all for reading and for any direction that you might be able to provide.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:32 AM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Unless I'm mistaken, Caboz removed a non-facelifted A20 head from his car, and replaced it with a facelifted, NTG2.5 A20 head unit. The NTG2.5 A20 (sometimes referred to as an "A25" head) has integrated bluetooth and AUX input.

pop over to slkworld.com, there are a number of DIY's over there on retrofitting both the NTG2.5 COMAND and the A25 HU.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:16 AM

2009 SLK 55 AMG
uk, i invited him over to slkworld.com earlier. haven't seen him there yet.