SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: New SLK280 owner with Command-Phone-Nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 SLK280
Question New SLK280 owner with Command-Phone-Nav

Sorry if this is posted somewhere already...and for the rambling, Just bought my 2008 SLK280 and I love it (have always been a BMW fan with a 745 and an 88 635csi). I want to add bluetooth and navigation if possible but the dealer has been very vague. I am told that "the P1 package doesn't have the cradle and completer" in my car. I was told I need the core kit and completer (UHI??MHI?) I would love to know the exact parts I need to get the bluetooth puck to work. I saw some parts on Ebay that seemed to be what I needed. My car does have the SOS installed if that helps.

I have also noticed there are many HDD command systems with navigation and DVD based systems. Originally I was told my command wouldn't support navigation, now today the dealer said with a nav processor and drive in the trunk it would. I don't even know the partnumber for the Command installed (can I get that through the menu without pulling it out and looking at the sticker?)

I would like to have the navigation and bluetooth working. Any help? I am very technically literate (ran a custom computer company for a number of years building power systems and have added aftermarket to my BMW's no problem). Any help in pointing me where to start?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-19-2009, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
wander over to slkworld - lots of folks have done what you are looking to do and more.