SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Navigation freeze--"please wait"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 AM

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
E300
Navigation freeze--"please wait"

Every 2 to 4 weeks, the navigation system on my 2006 SLK 350 displays a message saying "Navigation Activated--Please Wait." The message doesn't go away. The only way to restore navigation functions is to stop the car, remove the DVD in the trunk and reinsert it. Sometimes that doesn't work either and I have to reinsert the DVD 3 or 4 times. I have taken the car to the dealer twice for this. The last time, they said there was a service bulletin on this issue, did some software updates, and told me it was fixed. Two days later, it happened again. Has anyone else experienced this problem and do you have any idea what the fix is? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Tiburonsteve
Every 2 to 4 weeks, the navigation system on my 2006 SLK 350 displays a message saying "Navigation Activated--Please Wait." The message doesn't go away. The only way to restore navigation functions is to stop the car, remove the DVD in the trunk and reinsert it. Sometimes that doesn't work either and I have to reinsert the DVD 3 or 4 times. I have taken the car to the dealer twice for this. The last time, they said there was a service bulletin on this issue, did some software updates, and told me it was fixed. Two days later, it happened again. Has anyone else experienced this problem and do you have any idea what the fix is? Thanks.
I've seen this problem on my previous 2006 ML350. I used to see condensation on the underneath of the DVD and that would prevent it from being read correctly. Once I wiped it off, it would work. I'm not sure if this is a similar problem that you are having since the DVD system is in the trunk.