SLK/R171: some question about slk 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some question about slk 55

Hi guys
First of all let me to present my self.
My name is Max, 31 years old and from Sweden.

I have recently got a SLK 55 AMG and so far happy with the car.
However, I have a few questions about your car.
1-I have a whining sound from the car when it goes on low revs and it disappears when i push the accelerator down. Sounds almost like the car had compressor which it has not.
2-When the automatic transmission is located on Drive-C and I brakes the gear box can clunk down gears especially from 3-2-1 is this normal?
3-when i have it in manuell mode so it switches incredibly slow at full throttle, its like i drop eveything before it starts to lift again, is the manuell mode slow ore can it have something to do with the software ?
4-And the last question i thinking about to make a tuning on this car with changing the software. I spoke with some company here in sweden and they say i will get around 17Hp and 30Nm more, does anyone have any experience about the chip tuning on this car ? is it worth it ore not.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by Maxad
Hi guys
First of all let me to present my self.
My name is Max, 31 years old and from Sweden.

I have recently got a SLK 55 AMG and so far happy with the car.
However, I have a few questions about your car.
1-I have a whining sound from the car when it goes on low revs and it disappears when i push the accelerator down. Sounds almost like the car had compressor which it has not.
2-When the automatic transmission is located on Drive-C and I brakes the gear box can clunk down gears especially from 3-2-1 is this normal?
3-when i have it in manuell mode so it switches incredibly slow at full throttle, its like i drop eveything before it starts to lift again, is the manuell mode slow ore can it have something to do with the software ?
4-And the last question i thinking about to make a tuning on this car with changing the software. I spoke with some company here in sweden and they say i will get around 17Hp and 30Nm more, does anyone have any experience about the chip tuning on this car ? is it worth it ore not.
1. Check your belt/ pulley
2. Yes
3. Yes.. Try S mode
4. Depends on the brand.. Eurocharged, Renntech, Kleemann is popular choices among owners.

Cheers
Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 PM

'05 firemist slk55
what is the mileage on the car? ques 2 and 3 could probably be fixed by changing the transmission fluid with new oem fluid and buy installing the latest trans. software w/ a SDS machine
Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 PM

n/a
https://mbworld.org/forums/slk55-r17...-your-car.html

Read this thread for #1. The low level whine is normal. Right after startup at low rpms it's most noticeable.

Use S mode.

try the sneaky ecu reset.

make sure they know what they're doing