SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Eurocharged ECU Tune for my SLK55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55
Eurocharged ECU Tune for my SLK55

Just got my 2005 SLK55 flashed with an Eurocharged ECU tune using their USB to OBDII cable. I thought should share my experience.

When Mike from Eurocharged Canada offered a group buy deal, I immediately jumped on the opportunity. Not that the SLK55 is slow in any way but I've always been interested in extracting a little more out of the car. The cost for the tune isn't particularly high so I just went for it.

When the cable arrived, I installed immediately installed the software included on the USB memory stick onto my laptop. First impression of their software... very detailed and easy to use. However, if you have a Windows 8 machine, their is a chance this would not work for you. It needs to install some USB drivers that might not be Windows 8 compatible. It works on my Windows 7 and Windows XP laptop.

Setup is straight forward. Followed the instruction in the software and downloaded my car info to send to Jerry at Eurocharged. Within a day, he sent me back an encrypted file with a factory tune and performance tune. I followed the instruction and plugged in my trickle charger when flashing. This is necessary because my radiator fan was on FULL BLAST the entire time. You don't want your battery to be drained during the flash. 7 minutes later, my car is flashed and ready to go.

First drive impression...

The car is different... My stock SLK55 originally had 2 different modes, a relaxed mode for driving around town and then when I kick it into gear, it goes fast... Now there is only 1 mode... FAST. Staying within speed limit is hard because the car revs from 2500 to 4000 really smoothly.

I can't comment on actual HP or torque values because I did not dyno my car before and after. However, I do notice that the car is easier to launch. Previously on the stock tune, sometimes it's a hit and miss with tire spin because of the previously mentioned "2 modes of driving"...

Final words... Would I recommend it? Yes. I don't see why not. Rather than spending money on a Sprintbooster, getting the tune cable with a tune is probably a better deal because the tune cable also lets you check and clear engine codes. As for performance, my butt dyno thinks the car is faster due because of the smooth power delivery.