SLK/R171: Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Questions

Hello Guys N Gals,

Been lurking here for while and found that this site has valueable info so I decided to ask a few questions.

1.) MB has had lots of problem with their new E, C and S classes lately, (I owned a C320 and the last time it sat in the dealership for 45 days) why would you trust MB and order a first year of a new model?

2.) What do you think of their decision to drop the free maintenance schedule for 2005 model year?

3.) Should I get a 2005 Corvette or the SLK350 (about same price)? I have been dreaming about the Vette since high school, but I'm afraid I might be disappointed if I get the Vette (it would definitely won't be as luxurious) and probably can't stand the stiff suspension.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
you are right about the probs with the new model cars, but if you want it bad, its a risk you have to take. supposedly MB is rebounding with thier new SLK, and hopefully it will be trouble free, and as much as i want it to be, i doubt it will be perfect, it might be better, but i think some cars will have some problems. the covette will be a lot faster of course since it 400 hp. i think it will be a little bit more expensive too. im not sure about handling, but with the MB you have the name, luxury, and of course the hard top conv. GL with your choice
Old 04-27-2004, 09:39 PM

Wink

As a former c320 owner (2002) I can say the car was flawless in everyway. The choice between a vette and a new SLK is simply a no brainer for me, since as a MB owner I feel they still represent a sort of value and performance, as well as pride of ownership, that few labels can match, even today.

Naturally, all this is my humble opinion, but also as the number one guy so far on the list for his dealers SLK55 (unless I get jumped by some fat wallet!!)

best of luck! and enjoy your ride. I sure will.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
The new vette is sweet!

Afterall, it's your decision! Personally, I would get the vette over the 350, but the 55 over the vette!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:36 PM

C320
Thanks for all of your replies. Just went down to MB dealer and ordered the SLK350 fully loaded. Hopefully I will get a better car this time otherwise it would be my last MB. My thought is that both are first model year cars so I have a better chance with MB then GM, besides MB has the name and it looked so darn good. I don't want to get the SLK55 (unless it is about 10K more then SLK350) because I would be **** if MB put in the 400+ HP V8 in next year SLK55. tullymountain and SLK55_AMG, you guys ordered the SLK55 already, are you guys comtemplating about getting the extended warranty or not if you do where is the cheapest? What do you guys think is the best color for the SLK and how does the AMG package looks like on the SLK350?
Old 05-04-2004, 09:07 PM

I always skip the extended warranties. Color choice is purely subjective. I would order the iridium silver with black interior but I was over ruled by the mrs who insist on british racing colors....metallic green with brown leather interior and wood options. I can live with that! Best of luck. You will love your new 350 I am quite sure. Post a picture when you pick it up!