SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: CD PLAYER COMAND NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes SLK 350
CD PLAYER COMAND NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY

Ok so I'm new here. And i'm aware that there is probably a thread already created for this and I'm sorry if i have created a new one. However I am absolutely at my wits end with this car.

Last week I realized that even after cutting the car off, the cd player was continuing to play the radio even after i have removed the keys; exited the vehicle and locked the doors.

Thought i had the problem fixed by simply removing the positive cable on battery as to "reset" the cd player or comand.

This was unsuccessful as a few days later when i came out in the morning i realized that at some point in the night the radio had turned itself back on. Battery Dead. Perfect.

Fixed this, and now the cd player will only play the cd that is now stuck in the drive. No buttons function on the radio, can't turn it off, or eject the cd. I have located the fuses. However the spot where there should be a fuse in the trunk. The fuse that connects also to the smart top. There is not a fuse there. And from my knowledge there never has been. So with this being said could this missing fuse be causing these issues.

Also, If i need to replace the cd player. Will an aftermarket double din with screen, will that unit be compatible with the comand system or will i have to replace it with an oem radio.

Please HELP ME.

In the past year i have forked over 5500 to the stealership and I would rather drive my car into the ocean than take it back there.