SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: R171 Shift paddles

Old 06-05-2018, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK350 2004
R171 Shift paddles

Hi All, if anyone is interested I recently added aluminium AMG shift paddles (little bit of filing required) along with suitable MB R171 steering wheel (extra padding and flat bottom) with paddle cut outs. The project was helped along successfully with the help of the internet and MB forums for accurate information, no addtional wiring just plug and almost play. However I am in Melbourne Australia where MB official response to "modify" (Code car for code :428) THEIR vehicle was refused, that is the response from Daimler Benz. So off to find someone in Melbourne to code the car. NOT so easy here, as the Independants cannot access Mercedes data base as they do in Europe and the USA. Happy to report I found an Indy here in Mitcham for those interested who after sorting out the code lines has added the shift paddle code to the car along with the extra MODE of "M" (manual shift with paddles). I can provide product details and Independant's details if anyone interested. Thanks to the forums around the world for all their information.