SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Just placed pre-order on SLK350 in California

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just placed pre-order on SLK350 in California

Hello guys!
I just placed a deposit with few options here in sunny Southern California.

White/Red Interior

Entertainment Package (DVD NAV, Upgraded sound, Cd changer)
Premium Package (remote keyless top down control, Homelink etc)
Lighting Package (xenon and other things)
Heat Package (Heated seats and ventilated head rests)

Prices wont be available until end of the month or perhaps August. But looks like it's going to be close to 60k. I might reconsider few options if it gets close to that. But I will be leasing the car for only 3 years so why not treat myself to that...

Car is sexy.... my first convertible ever people!!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 01:40 AM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
60k? with your options it seems like it'd be more in the low 50k range.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:43 PM

2002 SLK 32 AMG, 2002 ML 320, 2001 E-320, Porsche 944
Exciting! A nice car to have in Southern Cali!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:39 PM

11' E-350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by knihc2008
60k? with your options it seems like it'd be more in the low 50k range.
Yep, I agree with knihc2008. It should go for around 53k-55k .... well, at this point I hope MB doesn't go crazy with prices and set the base at more than 48k. I guess we'll have to wait and see. In any event, congrats on the new car !!!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:52 PM

THanks guys!! You guys say mid 50s with all those options??? That sounds good then. I was just little scared with all those options that it would go over 60 with tax....

I just got a call from the dealer saying that the demo car will be in end of this month and all the follow up for the order will be handled properly.... his name is Traver from Buena Park MB House of Imports. Very nice and very professional. The phone call just made the whole experience better!! Great service!

I cant wait people!!!! Hopefully there wont be any issues with first production car from MB... they got banged up from JD Power ..... but who cares.. car looks sexy.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:44 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
do we have to wait our turn for the dealer to call us if we are on the waiting list or can we just go into the dealer whenever and place our order? if so, what's the point of the waiting list?

thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 07:14 PM

no... just go in and tell them that u want to pre order. Im #10 on at my dealer. Est. delivery date.. mid October..... only estimation though...
Old 07-14-2004, 08:25 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Ordering of SLKs in US

Well, the Pre-order lists are / were there to assure your place in the line for WHEN the cars can be ordered. I.e. a dealer would ususally take $1000 deposit or so, say, in February.

However, at this time (July) actualy orders for the car CAN be made by ANY Mercedes dealer in the US via the netstar system. If you have 'pre-ordered' with deposit, your dealer really should have called you by now. The complete option and colour-codes are released (I can email you the pdf if interested). Every dealer gets a certain number / spot(s) on netstar and depending on that and the order date, the manufacturing date for SLK 350 and AMG will be determined; the dealer should know some time after the order's been placed. If you get a netstar-placed order in 'today' a good estimate (but estimate only!) for you getting the car in the US in early September on the 350 (manufacturing starts this month in Germany) and October/November for the AMG - again, assuming you the dealer gets a good spot in on the system and you don't order anything that's 'delayed availability' such as the tyre monitoring system on the 350.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 07-14-2004, 08:33 PM

That's what I did.... the sales guy wrote down all the code for the color and options on the order sheet... made me sign with $1000 deposit... and he said that as soon as the prices come out... he will contact me and we will go from there....
Old 07-14-2004, 08:47 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
prices

Sounds good. What area are you in ? They should call you pretty soon!

I had pre-ordered my AMG only about 2 months ago, and we just put the 'real' order in the system (netstar) this week. Went to Rusnak in Arcadia, as dealt with them on my Porsche. Sales person is Jeff, who was very good and quick in getting back to me.
Anyway, the prices for the US are being released the end of the month from what I hear. Just look at the German pricing in Euros (german pricing always includes taxes !) and you usually get a good pointer for US pricing WITHOUT taxes - that's if Mercedes doesn't try to make up some of the weak dollar versus the strong Euro, but car companies usually protect against that by currency hedging.

Best,
Dan