SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Slk 200 R171 ... practically died ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk 200 r171
Red face Slk 200 R171 ... practically died ...

Hi everyone. I have a "very big" problem with my slk 200 and nobody knows how to help me. I had bought the Car Style Roof Module, to be able to open the windows and the moving roof with the key. It is a simple by pass between a terminal block located under the driver's side floor and this Module. The work is simple, only that unfortunately I tore one of the wires from the terminal block which created, I believe, a short circuit that practically prevents the use of almost all the controls of the car. The only thing that works is the engine and the stops! "Everything else", central locking of doors, windows, roof, dashboard ... it doesn't work. I have been parking it for years in a private space and I cover it with a sheet for the open windows, but when I use it, unfortunately I MUST use it, I leave it open ... I did the test with the computer but they did not understand anything. I hope to be luckier next week with an auto electrician I will have to see. I don't think anyone in the Forum had this problem and I hope it will never happen to you!
If I don't solve the problem next week, I'll have to demolish it. 10 days ago I replaced "the fuel tank" because it was corroded and leaking ... Now I'm really tired! this car is unfortunate, as the old owner had pointed out to me ... after selling it to me !!
HELP !!!