SLK/R171: I caused SRS light, need help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 E300 Turbodiesel
I caused SRS light, need help please

Hello all,

I did something to my car (2006 SLK280) which caused the SRS light to light up and I find myself needed assistance from the forum.
I wanted to bring my young son on a weekend drive so I disabled the passenger air bag by disconnecting the yellow plug under the passenger seat. The SRS light came on but I thought it would go off once I plugged the yellow connector back. When I plugged the yellow connector back the SRS light stayed ON .

I purchased the iCarsoft MBII device and attempted to clear the fault, but it was unsuccessful. The codes are stored, not current, so I don't know why I can't erase them. The iCarsoft device presents me with the ability to clear the codes so I think it should work.
These are the 5 stored codes:

900B Passenger-side Belt Buckle Restraint System Switch has Short Circuit To Positive Or Open Circuit
91A3 The resistance value in circuit for Front Passenger Buckle ETR Squib is too high
9243 The resistance value in circuit for Front Passenger Side Airbag Ignition Squib is too high
9024 The component or the signal line to the front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition has faulty or short circuit.
91A3 The component or the signal line to the front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition has open circuit.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 E300 Turbodiesel
I have read numerous posts referring to loose connections or frayed wires causing the SRS errors, or bad components. I checked under the sear, didn't remove it, and the wires appear intact and the plug/wires are plugged in as far as possible. What is puzzling is that all my errors are "stored" and not current errors registered by my iCarsoft MBII tool.

Thank you.