SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: 05 SLK radio replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300
05 SLK radio replacement

Hello all. Looking at purchasing an 05 SLK 350 with aftermarket Kenwood radio in it. Works fine, don’t like looks. Would it be chore to find stock radio and replacing? Many thanks.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SLK55 AMG
Stock, or "Stock"?

If you're looking for a *STOCK* Command system, I'm sure you can order one on eBay or from a parts dealer.
if you're really looking for something that's both good *and* LOOKS stock there's some options out there for relatively decent money.
I saw Tavarish do a swap on his SL55 with a Chinese head unit that specifically *looks* stock, but is actually an updated android touchscreen with loads of connectivity (including Bluetooth and wifi) and started looking at the SLK version.
"Stock" aesthetic - "Stock"
Or you can go for something that doesn't look stock, but has a clean finish - "Clean"
The second I think costs you your cup holders (as if they were worth anything to begin with) but has a very large screen and none of the unnecessary buttons.
I'm seriously considering the second one myself and am thinking about adding a backup camera to boot.