SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: What is Ambient Lighting in the 2005 SLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the Ambient Lighting, Any Pictures.

What is the Aimbient Lighting that comes in the AMG SPORTS PACKAGE. I know that it is inside and it is not the door sills or the Lighting Package. Please post some pictures of it.

I am 16 years old. I am getting a SLK 350 Diamond Silver/Charcoal, AMG SPORTS PACKAGE(5 spoke chromed 17" rims, 10mm body lowered, gear shifting behind wheel, better brakes and suspension, spoiler, and front, side, and back body kits), Comfort Package(3 memory power seats, steering wheel memory, side mirror memory), Priemum Package(wireless drop top from laser cut key, air climate control, digital stuff, 3 door garage opener, and more), 6-dics cd player in glove box, and blue illuminated door sills that says SLK with two think blue lights lines on each side of it.

I know my car is a sweet, and I bet a lot of people are going to copy my idea. But you people should come up with ur own stuff. I think my car is coming in Oct. 2004.

I did not get entertaminet package because the sound system was already damn loud and base was good, even though there is no subwoofer in it. IF you want a subwoofer though, get the package. And I have no reason for the use of a big COMMAND screen thing.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
I know my car is a sweet, and I bet a lot of people are going to copy my idea. But you people should come up with ur own stuff. I think my car is coming in Oct. 2004.
yeah congrats but surely you can't believe you are gonna be the only person with a silver slk350 and on top of that anyone else who has it got the idea from you. can you?
Old 09-25-2004, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
Originally Posted by FIXEDupW209
yeah congrats but surely you can't believe you are gonna be the only person with a silver slk350 and on top of that anyone else who has it got the idea from you. can you?
ya, that doesn't make sense...at all congrats anyways!
Old 09-25-2004, 02:47 PM

What is Ambient Lighting in the 2005 SLK

What is ambient lighting. I know its not the lighting package and its not the door sills, so what is it?

I am 16 years old. I am getting a SLK 350 Diamond Silver/Charcoal, AMG SPORTS PACKAGE(5 spoke chromed 17" rims, 10mm body lowered, gear shifting behind wheel, better brakes and suspension, spoiler, and front, side, and back body kits), Comfort Package(3 memory power seats, steering wheel memory, side mirror memory), Priemum Package(wireless drop top from laser cut key, air climate control, digital stuff, 3 door garage opener, and more), 6-dics cd player in glove box, and blue illuminated door sills that says SLK with two think blue lights lines on each side of it.

I did not get entertaminet package because the sound system was already damn loud and base was good, even though there is no subwoofer in it. IF you want a subwoofer though, get the package. And I have no reason for the use of a big COMMAND screen thing.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:56 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not just talking about the colors. I am also talking about the packages and options. Such as the blue illuminated door sills. Rarely people get that, but to put it on a car just like mine is copying. Plus, my car is going to be even more rare because I might put the lambo or siccor cut doors, you know the ones that open up and not side ways. That would look nice with the illmunated blue door sills.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:36 PM

2005 Mercedes SLK350
you're sixteen and you're getting all that? hm.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:42 PM

Yeah there is no use for that command thing if you are just going to be driving it around the driveway.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:54 PM

07' ML350
if u want a "one-off" car, buy something more expensive and exotic, even us third world guys have SLKs.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Kiddo, what you need to do is to get a life and like BruNo said, "GET A MORE EXOTIC VEHICLE" if you wanted to play the "exclusive" game.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:25 AM

Mercedesfan, good joke.

Originally Posted by Mercedesfan
Yeah there is no use for that command thing if you are just going to be driving it around the driveway.

I laughed so hard when I read that. You know one thing that bothers me about this car (SLK 350) is that when I get it, this car will attract all the girls, and I mean the ugly, fat, weird, not down to earth girls. So I don't tell anybody what car I am getting. It’s most likely to be the best car at my high school. I already get attractive girls without the car; I don't even have it yet. But my sister had a SLK 230. She left for college and my parents went with her to set up her room and stuff (proud of her, it was a hard school to get into, University of California is tough). So I had the whole house to myself and there was a football game at my school. I had two choices of cars to take: C 320 or SLK 230. Both of them are great cars and yes they are fast, but I love sport cars a lot, so I took the SLK. I went to the game and met up with some of my friends. They were going to have a poker game later that night. So we left after the half time show. Now I don't like to show off, but the only parking space left was right in front of the entrance and exit (only one entrance and exit, both in the same door). So I parked there and said to hell with it. So when I am leaving, I look around, nobody is near me, and I drop the top. But then I should have waited like 10 more seconds because a group of people were going to the car parked next to me. Now remember I am 16 almost 17, and these people are my age too. It was 3 guys and 2 girls. So the girls saw me drop the top and I told myself they just goanna say hi and probably say nice car. No it didn’t go like that, she was like "Hey, what’s your name, your hott, what school do you go too" and I didn’t want to be rude, so I said Hi, my name is Tucson, I go to this school. She was like surprised that we went to the same school. I never seen her before either. So the two girls leave with her group of guys that I bet those guys were thinking what a spoiled kid I was(and that’s what I don’t want people to think of me). The next day, one of my basketball teammates comes up to me and tell me that the girl that was talking to me to him that I was trying to hit on her. I was like whaaatttt. Now see this girl wasn't really down to earth, because she has to tell her friends that guys hit on her, but really no guy does. See what I mean when I say I don’t want to attract attention.

And I know what you people are thinking, WHY GET A CAR LIKE THE SLK 350 AND SAY YOU DON'T WANT ATTENTION. .... You guys are right; I just have this love for strong sport cars. And you know that strong sport cars look really nice and attack attention. I wanted to get a muscle car, but my parents want a car that is safe and won't break now. So basically a car that is Mercedes. I offered my dad to pay for the gas, insurance, or all the options and packages. My dad picked all the options and packages for me and it became to me 10,000 dollars more. So that is off the list now and it is gas or insurance. I have a job (at the City Hall, they give me all the work that no one wants to do. I got like 13 bosses over there) and I applied to a second one at a pizza place (the people who work here are cool). I don’t have to get these jobs, but I just don’t like people that are spoiled brats. I could just do nothing and be lazy. If I was to inherit my parents’ money, it would be 50 million U.S. dollars. So see what I mean, I am not spoiled by getting these jobs.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:27 AM

Long Story, but read its good

I am 16 years old. I am getting a SLK 350 Diamond Silver/Charcoal, AMG SPORTS PACKAGE(5 spoke chromed 17" rims, 10mm body lowered, gear shifting behind wheel, better brakes and suspension, spoiler, and front, side, and back body kits), Comfort Package(3 memory power seats, steering wheel memory, side mirror memory), Premium Package(wireless drop top from laser cut key, air climate control, digital stuff, 3 door garage opener, and more), 6-dics CD player in glove box, and blue illuminated door sills that says SLK with two think blue lights lines on each side of it.

I know my car is a sweet, and I bet a lot of people are going to copy my idea. But you people should come up with your own stuff. I think my car is coming in Oct. 2004.

I did not get entertainment package because the sound system was already damn loud and base was good, even though there is no subwoofer in it. IF you want a subwoofer though, get the package. And I have no reason for the use of a big COMMAND screen thing.

You know one thing that bothers me about this car (SLK 350) is that when I get it, this car will attract all the girls, and I mean the ugly, fat, weird, not down to earth girls. So I don't tell anybody what car I am getting. It’s most likely to be the best car at my high school. I already get attractive girls without the car; I don't even have it yet. But my sister had a SLK 230. She left for college and my parents went with her to set up her room and stuff (proud of her, it was a hard school to get into, University of California is tough). So I had the whole house to myself and there was a football game at my school. I had two choices of cars to take: C 320 or SLK 230. Both of them are great cars and yes they are fast, but I love sport cars a lot, so I took the SLK. I went to the game and met up with some of my friends. They were going to have a poker game later that night. So we left after the half time show. Now I don't like to show off, but the only parking space left was right in front of the entrance and exit (only one entrance and exit, both in the same door). So I parked there and said to hell with it. So when I am leaving, I look around, nobody is near me, and I drop the top. But then I should have waited like 10 more seconds because a group of people were going to the car parked next to me. Now remember I am 16 almost 17, and these people are my age too. It was 3 guys and 2 girls. So the girls saw me drop the top and I told myself they just goanna say hi and probably say nice car. No it didn’t go like that, she was like "Hey, what’s your name, your hott, what school do you go too" and I didn’t want to be rude, so I said Hi, my name is Tucson, I go to this school. She was like surprised that we went to the same school. I never seen her before either. So the two girls leave with her group of guys that I bet those guys were thinking what a spoiled kid I was(and that’s what I don’t want people to think of me). The next day, one of my basketball teammates comes up to me and tell me that the girl that was talking to me to him that I was trying to hit on her. I was like whaaatttt. Now see this girl wasn't really down to earth, because she has to tell her friends that guys hit on her, but really no guy does. See what I mean when I say I don’t want to attract attention.

And I know what you people are thinking, WHY GET A CAR LIKE THE SLK 350 AND SAY YOU DON'T WANT ATTENTION. .... You guys are right; I just have this love for strong sport cars. And you know that strong sport cars look really nice and attack attention. I wanted to get a muscle car, but my parents want a car that is safe and won't break now. So basically a car that is Mercedes. I offered my dad to pay for the gas, insurance, or all the options and packages. My dad picked all the options and packages for me and it became to me 10,000 dollars more. So that is off the list now and it is gas or insurance. I have a job (at the City Hall, they give me all the work that no one wants to do. I got like 13 bosses over there) and I applied to a second one at a pizza place (the people who work here are cool). I don’t have to get these jobs, but I just don’t like people that are spoiled brats. I could just do nothing and be lazy. If I was to inherit my parents’ money, it would be 50 million U.S. dollars. So see what I mean, I am not spoiled by getting these jobs.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:58 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
I've never posted on this forum before, but after reading these posts by noolimit, I' just can't resist.

This is the funniest ***** I have ever read.

This kid noolimit is probably a trailer park junky's son

If he is the son some multimillionaire, I feel really sorry for his parents. What a fool they have as a son and there's no doubt the entire inheritance will be gone 5 yrs after his parents croak.

Hey noolimit, do you really think anyone here cares about you being spoiled, cool, getting fat girls etc...
Well here's some news for you, WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING F@CK

You think you're the shlts cause you're 16 and got a SLK. When I was in high school we had Ferraris, Porsches, and Hummers parked in the school lot. The president of Pepsi Canada's son was in my class, the president of the Toronto Blue Jay's son was a year older then me, the president of BMG Canada's son was also in my class.

Here's news for you, YOU AIN"T *****. SO SHUT UP BEFORE YOU MAKE MORE OF A FOOL OF YOURSELF.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:02 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
Red face

uhum............ riiiiiiiiiiight.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:28 PM

05 CLK 320
Originally Posted by big_willy
I've never posted on this forum before, but after reading these posts by noolimit, I' just can't resist.

This is the funniest ***** I have ever read.

This kid noolimit is probably a trailer park junky's son

If he is the son some multimillionaire, I feel really sorry for his parents. What a fool they have as a son and there's no doubt the entire inheritance will be gone 5 yrs after his parents croak.

Hey noolimit, do you really think anyone here cares about you being spoiled, cool, getting fat girls etc...
Well here's some news for you, WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING F@CK

You think you're the shlts cause you're 16 and got a SLK. When I was in high school we had Ferraris, Porsches, and Hummers parked in the school lot. The president of Pepsi Canada's son was in my class, the president of the Toronto Blue Jay's son was a year older then me, the president of BMG Canada's son was also in my class.

Here's news for you, YOU AIN"T *****. SO SHUT UP BEFORE YOU MAKE MORE OF A FOOL OF YOURSELF.

Totaly agree with you,

noolimit I dont get what you mean by saying I am 16 year old and get an SLK, seriously nobody cares if you are 16 or 32, ok if you said you were 16 once then we would all say ok and anwser your questions but in every post you say you are 16 year old and will get a SLK, it kind of gets annoying after some time.

So kid enough of the I am 16 year old crap, first get the car post the pics and then ask questions.

good day.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sixteen and you're obsessed with trying to get girls?

Man I'm trying to get rid of them!

And if you're still trying to get some, I could get a five thousand dollar rag top Mustang and do the same exact thing. Oh, and I'd be friends with the muscle car guys while I"m at it.

I think I'm gonna have to agree with big_willy, so in conclusion, try not to throw in personal bias into a few first posts unless they agree with the general consensus; it's never a good idea to start out on someones bad side.

And I know what you people are thinking, WHY GET A CAR LIKE THE SLK 350 AND SAY YOU DON'T WANT ATTENTION. .... You guys are right; I just have this love for strong sport cars. And you know that strong sport cars look really nice and attack attention. I wanted to get a muscle car, but my parents want a car that is safe and won't break now. So basically a car that is Mercedes.
Uh, what's this saying? I hate to break it to you but, and SLK55 is a sports car, a M3 is a sports car, the SLK350 doesn't qualify as a sports car with its slow shifting automatic and (no disrespect) it's half assed (for it's class, what is it with the Germans [boxter] and lack of small coupe-d power?) engine. If you're looking for a muscle car, you are in the wrong price range (german) or in the wroung country (better look to American cars). If you wanted something that wouldn't break, you should've gone Japanese because everyone knows first year German cars are worse then hell, and that's if you're lucky.

The one thing I'll agree with you on though, is it's safe.

Last edited by vraa; 09-28-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:09 PM

05 CLK 320
finally we got vraa down to the arena, go get him vraa
Old 09-29-2004, 12:52 PM

2005 MB SLK 55 AMG
I don't think German 1st MY cars are worse than any other model introductions. I have bought German Cars my whole life, intertwined with some 'Muscle Cars' (Corvette). I never had a 'catastrophic' problem with the 1st model year Boxster, the 1st model year 996 (or my current 996), not even the first model year VW Corrado. The Boxster had a idle issue which was minor, the 996 and Boxster had a fuel-door problem (that was fixed and didn't cause any trouble) in their first year. Finally, they both had a bug with the airbag signal (caused by a faulty seat sensor). This too I was notified about (not that I didn't notice it before ;-) ) and it was fixed in a day.
The 1st year Ford came out with the current (outgoing) Mustang there were a slew of problems - and safe for the Vette, let's face it, the rigidity of most American Cars in the Muscle range is nowhere close to most German Cars - we take that as a given, as cars like the Mustang are great bang for the buck. If you check full-scale recalls, German 1st years fare no worse than most other cars.

Japanese cars, nothing against them, are very reliable, true. But if you look at the JD Power ratings, it's clear that when it comes to Mercedes for example, the ratings for some cars is actually exceptional, and better than equivalent Lexus or Infinity's. Mercedes is being dragged down by inconsistency with their lower end models, which are in fact much less reliable than they should be. THat's not excuse, but that doesn't mean that S class you're buying will fall apart either ;-)

I agree with you, German Cars are a lot more expensive, so I would expect a higher level of quality than a 'Camaro' - but then, the US $ is in the dumps, and has been for years and automobile companies usually try fund hedging for a few years in order to combat this. In this case, it's to the point where the hedges 'run out' (except for Porsche, who gambled and planned ahead - and actually makes a lot of money with hedging - but we're getting off topic :-) ).

I also don't think the Boxster and SLK350 are neccessarily underpowered for what they are. You say yourself that these are not muscle cars (I would call the SLK350 a sports car by definition, while I wouldn't a Mustang). I think the 7G on the SLK350 is pretty good for an automatic - actually, the stick is faboulous, which is a 'new one' for Mercedes, who didn't seem to get it for a few years.

Anyway, just playing devil's advocate. I actually AGREE :-) with most of what you're saying, just putting forward another point of view.

BTW, Football is NEVER reality - it's just a game ;-)

All the best,
Dan