SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: SLK 350 new to me w/ some issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 350 Jasper Blue
SLK 350 new to me w/ some issues

Hi, just picked up a 2005 Jasper Blue SLK 350 w/ Manual shift and made the 6 hour drive back home ok. I know, risky. Well, I made it although some issues did pop up.

1. The Low Oil level light came repeatedly but I pulled over and checked the dipstick also. It never went down and no signs of puking up oil anywhere on the engine or ground. I figure it is a bad Oil level sensor and I need to drop the oil pan which is good since I wanted to take a look at the bottom of the engine internals anyway. (152k miles lol)

2. Check Engine light (not flashing) popped up after a gasoline fill. I figured it might have been a loose gas cap but it felt OK. I have a scan tool on order to see what the codes are. Wouldn’t surprise me to have an EVAP or PCV issue somehere.

3. Difficult shift into 6th gear in the manual trans. No bad noise from tranny. No grinding, The gears 1-5 are butter smooth. No popping out of gear or any other bad behavior. I’m thinking perhaps a bent shift rod for 6th gear?

4. The front brakes are warped and appear to be Mercedes’ Brembos? They are 4 pot style with the 4 large Torx bolts securing the calipers halves together. The rears appear to be stock.

front brakes