SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: 16 year olds with the slk 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16 year olds with the slk 350

To Noolimits.
I am also 16 and mine is coming in a week or two. Do you have the keyless top opener? Mine is silver and black interior.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
what is this, your third new identity??
Old 10-27-2004, 08:15 PM

'08 SL65
Old 10-29-2004, 08:09 PM

Smile reply to akbro93704

you got it wrong. i am not noolimits. I am also 16, live in Florida and just got an SLK 350. I was wondering if there were other teens that had the car and how they like it. It's a sweet ride and with the weather here the top can be down vertualy all year. And to answer those chaps that think this is a girlie car. Dah... what will it attract? Yup, this is the new chick magnet. by the way, I am totaly secure with my masculinity, just as it was stated in Car and Driver. Congrats to Matrixband, your car rocks and you look so happy next to it.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C250 sport
Originally Posted by AC556F
I think it's fun to "feed" them though, especially amateur ones

To sangelatin--- That's odd that you just got your car, because two days ago you said that it was coming in two weeks
Old 10-30-2004, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i dont mean to hate, i just thought it was very funny reading your post, i never knew car and driver could tell you about your masculinity. congrats on the car though.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I also have 16 yo kids, so selection a good car is a certain problem I do not know, SLK looks like a car for old men. I'm thinking about buying something bigger, like Cadillac STS. What do you think?
Old 10-30-2004, 05:57 AM

Sweet 16

What happened to the "No kid left behind" national mandate? Every 16 year old deserves a SLK350 to try to boost his/her self esteem, since they obviously have been academically left behind as evident from the grammar and spelling on their posts.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
btw, florida gets pretty cold december/january. no way in hell you can drive around with the top down...you musta just moved here or somethin :P how'd you come up with that username?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:05 AM

Thumbs up

iosmat - I've lived in Florida for the past five years and my mom has a convertible, which she drives with the top down pretty much year round. She even drove it that way up north when it was cold. It felt really crisp. The user name means Latin blood.
akbro93704 - I didn't say my car is here, I meant that I paid for it. I was told by my dealer that it was built and on its way. Sorry about the misunderstanding, I’m just really exited about getting it. I drove the demo at the dealership a few times before leaving a deposit.
Mercedefan - My parents got me the car because of my straight A average in an IB program and great SAT score. Since they won’t have to pay for public or private college tuition, they were happy to pay for the car.
Dema - Cadillacs are also great. Good luck with your selection.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
sangelatin, not to rain on your parade, but if you were my kid, I would have waited to buy you a car until you graduated from HS. (Any car)

I wouldn't hold my breath regarding the free education, either. Since your parents could afford to buy you such a nice car, it's not likely they will qualify financially for scholarships, regardless of your academic achievements.

My kids all had straight A's as well, and I footed the college bill, too, as a result.

Congrats, and have fun, in any case.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
sangelatin, not to rain on your parade, but if you were my kid, I would have waited to buy you a car until you graduated from HS. (Any car)

I wouldn't hold my breath regarding the free education, either. Since your parents could afford to buy you such a nice car, it's not likely they will qualify financially for scholarships, regardless of your academic achievements.

My kids all had straight A's as well, and I footed the college bill, too, as a result.

Congrats, and have fun, in any case.
How would someone not qualify for scholarships if they did an outstanding job in high school? Scholarships aren't given in the basis of financial stability, but your performance in high school and afterschool activities. My parents made a good amount of money but I still received scholarships to college all 4 years (I graduated in 2003). Your kids should have tried harder Bobby.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:06 AM

You actually sound like a classy kid. "Virtually" all of us make spelling errors when posting. Thanks for explaining the name. I thought it meant you did not like Jello (sans gelatin).
Old 11-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Almost a Member!

350 SLK on waiting list, expected March '05
The 350 is a pretty quick car. As a driver I have a serious responsability to drive it without harming others, and without my years of experience on the road I would not be equipt to do this.

Only with heinsight do I have this view, at 17 (legal driving age in UK) I would have strongly disagreed.

I seriously question anyone who is happy for their child to drive powerful vehicles. It's not a question of parents not being able to trust their child but the reality of a 16 year olds experience and maturity.

On the other hand the UK's Jeremy Clarkson claims the SLK has a health and safety man hidden in the dashboard - so any aged driver of an SLK, acceleration and high speed aside, probably stands a better chance of keeping it on the road than I did in my first car!

Happy Driving.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:19 AM

Thumbs up

bsharp - Thanx for your concern. I showed my mom your post and she wanted me to tell you that I may get the car, but I'm not going to drive it alone untill she feels I'm ready. By the way, we come to England every summer. We go to London, travel to Manchester, Stratford-Upon-Avon, etc., and then spend some time with my aunt in Kent, so I'm familiar with the roads. At the begining of our trip we always visit my other aunt, who lives near Dortmund, Germany, so I'm really used to the autobahn driving. However, I live in a small quite Florida town, where the speed is usually 35mi/hr and sometimes goes up to the high speed of 50 mi/hr. My biggest worry is the octogenarians. My mom was driving her Saab convertible when a man going the opposite direction, in a huge old ford, hit her car head on. Her car was totaled, but she didn't even have a scratch. When she asked him what happened, he didn't even realize he had been in an accident. He said he had fallen asleep. Even the police said that she was lucky because of Saab's construction. Now she has a new one, and that's what I'm driving at present.
Her first car was an MGBGT at 16, and she told me she took better care and drove it more carefully than any of her friends did their cars, because she was so happy to have it. She never had an accident untill the man hit her head on, so she hopes I follow her lead. Besides, with all those airbags, length,and superior construction, the 350 is much safer than an MG.

Last edited by sangelatin; 11-04-2004 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
How would someone not qualify for scholarships if they did an outstanding job in high school? Scholarships aren't given in the basis of financial stability, but your performance in high school and afterschool activities. My parents made a good amount of money but I still received scholarships to college all 4 years (I graduated in 2003). Your kids should have tried harder Bobby.
What's your school name? My son also graduated school in 2003, so probably I know you unless it isn't Stanford.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Almost a Member!

350 SLK on waiting list, expected March '05
far too sensible to be 16!

I trust your familiarity of Europe’s roads are not as a driver but a passenger!??

You sound rather sincere and far too sensible to be 16, showing your mum the post indeed :p

I too grew up far too sensible, my only let down was perhaps my over ambitious driving and attitude of always being right.

Driving to 35 and 50mph speed limits I doubt you're going to get into any more trouble (if at all) than being in any other car, and if so you'll be safer.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:14 PM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
I think that all you 16 year olds have been deprived of your rights. "Leave no child behind" means every child should have the same privilege of owning the best that money can buy. Your parents are just being CHEAP. They should give all you teenagers the SLR McLaren to boost you PRIDE, SELF-ESTEEM, and CONFIDENCE. Don't go for second best, go for the BEST. I am sure your parents always teach you guys to go for the best, not the second best, right!
So tell your parents that you changed your mind on the SLK, instead you want the new SLR McLaren. If my kids were 16 now, I would have bought them the SLR McLaren. Too, bad, they are 18 and 21, so they have to buy their own cars now. HA, HA, HA
Old 11-05-2004, 12:18 AM

Smile paulhu - loved your comment

paulhu - My parents really enjoyed your comment. I am so overjoyed that they are getting me the slk350, that I would never even think about the SLR McLaren. However, when I get older and can buy my own ride I would like to get a ferrari. Over the summer we were in Italy and went to Marinello, and visited the factory, ate at the ferrari restaurant, and went to the store. It was awsome to see so many ferraries riding around town, or parked in front of stores just like any regular car. I didn't get a car, but I got two pairs of ferrari 2004 sneakers (one red, one black), which I wear with great care. You can't believe how happy I was just to go and see the cars. By the way, I didn't ask for the slk. My parents bought my sister a C230 coupe, as a present for getting a full scolarship at a private college. The car was way cheeper than paying the tuition for 4 years. They wanted to get her the slk and give me her car. She said no thank you, she is very happy with her little car, and that they should get the slk for me because she knew how much I liked it.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Old 11-19-2004, 04:42 AM

SLK55 AMG
Talking

this guy is really funny thank you for the entertainment
Old 11-19-2004, 11:20 AM

'08 SL65
Every 16 year old that I know wants a 2-wheeler...

this looks like da bomb.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:40 PM

SLK55 AMG
thats da bomb maaan ! , hehe LOL is it street legal LOL
Old 11-20-2004, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
It is amazing to know here successful people being true MB owners can now be able to identify NOOLIMITS posts, regardless of what fake IDs he uses on this forum. I don't need to send warning out any more.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:42 AM

SLK55 AMG
Talking

this guy is funny, he really makes me laugh he reminds me of SLK 350 , maybe he is the same guy, because both of them are stupid and funny, nice combination LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLK/R171: 16 year olds with the slk 350