SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: just picked up my car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk 350
just picked up my car!

Just got my car and thought I would share my first impressions. I've been waiting a couple of months since I ordered it, and seeing all the photos on forums like this made me wonder if the car was gonna look real small, as it does in some of the photos. But when I went to the dealership and saw the car, I thought "wow", that is hot! The car is not big, but it has a presence that belies it's size. I ordered the iridium with black interior with premium,comfort, heating package and 6-speed. I had only seen a real dirty iridium in real life just once, so when I saw mine I thought the color was awesome. I know it's common, but it is much hotter looking in person, very bright and classy looking. I was quite impressed with the black interior. It's a nice contrast to the silver exterior. I considered the red but went for less flash and more class. I'm not sorry with the choice. The interior is overall very nice. I actually like the rubbery dash. It imparts a classy yet dynamic look. The seats are very comfortable and found them pretty easy to adjust just right. I'm 5'-8" and this car fits me perfect! But my biggest suprise was the way this car drives "wow! This is a great car. I had test drove an auto for like ten minutes, but couldn't really get a sense of how great this car goes. The stick is great. Anyone who has ordered it won't be sorry. The car has real good acceleration and with the top down, the exhaust note is pronounced. Really plays the part. It's loud enough to let you know there's punch under the hood, but not too loud to intrude. The steering is very good also. Maybe not as telepathic as a BMW, but damn good. The ride is also great. It's firm but not too firm. It's a good balance of sport and comfort. I ordered the heating package after reading posts of people liking the airscarf and I must say, it actually works great. I picked the car up it was below 50 degrees, and it was very comfortable with seat heaters and airscarf on. So, overall I'm estatic. I'll post pictures soon. Lastly, I took my wife out in it the night I got it(just to pick up chinese food). I was outside the restaurant and some guy waved to my wife and me. We thought we knew him but didn't. He pulled next to us opened his window, waved again and said " I just wanted to see who was driving this beautiful car!"
Old 12-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 BMW 330Ci Dinan Signiture series(S) SLK 350 6Spd. CAPRI BLUE AMG, Lighting pkg., heating pkg.
Congratulations on the 350...I wish you the best of luck on a fantastic automobile.