SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: purchased SLK350 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350
purchased SLK350 today

Been back home for winter break, so I stopped by the MB dealership today to say hi to my sales guy and there was a manual SLK350 sitting right there in the showroom!

I've been thinking about trying a manual MB, and I heard the SLK350 manual was the best MB has to offer right now, so I couldn't resist it, and bought it right on the spot. If I had more time, I would've test driven it, but I'm sure it will be a fun car to drive.

It had almost all the options I would have had if I had ordered it myself... supposedly its the ONLY SLK350 manual on the island that the dealership has, and some poor guy ordered it with the 7G auto but the saleman made a mistake feel sorry for him, but its my gain

specs:
Iridium Silver/Black
AMG sport pkg
Comfort pkg
premium pkg
6 cd changer

I could care less about the 6cd changer and comfort pkg but would've liked lighting pkg and heating pkg (yes its hawaii, but you dont understand how good heated seats feel after coming out of the water)

I've been pretty down about selling the SL55 this year but this car should keep me happy for a while

only after selling the SL55 did I realize how much I loved that car, but I'll be saving up for the SL65. A late xmas present for me...

i was thinking of the SLK55 as well, but I wanted a car I would feel much more at ease taking a non AMG car everywhere I want to, including the beach (something i dared not to do with the SL55)... and i figure its a good time to master the stick for later in life when I can afford exotic cars (hopefully)

picking it up tmrw, gonna try to break the engine in asap... i guess that means driving around the island a few times a day
Old 12-30-2004, 01:02 PM

05 SLK 350, 97 S420, 92 Jeep, 04 Kia, 28 Ford Tudor, 51 Ford F3, 01 Harley, 03 Harley
Congrats!
Sounds like my story.... just stopped by MB dealer "to look" and ended up with an SLK. Love it...

Honolulu dealership sure has improved since they were bought out. Much better, now I hope they improve the service side as well!
Old 12-30-2004, 02:14 PM

2005 SLK350
i haven't driven that much around oahu since ive been back, but i havent seen a single R171 on the road. i wonder how many R171's are out there, seemed like the dealership had a few on hand

but yes, i agree that ever since Theodavies MB was bought out by Fletcher Jones, quality has improved, and now, they dont have these outrageous premiums!

i heard they're going to get 1 or 2 SLR's in, but theyre going to have an auction for it, and whatever is above the MSRP they're donating it to local charities, which i thought was a great idea
Old 12-30-2004, 02:26 PM

2000 E320 Sedan
Go SLKY go
Old 12-31-2004, 09:05 AM
Almost a Member!

you wont go wrong....

i've had my slk350 for 3000 glorious miles, its far better more rounded car than my previous one (porsche 911 actually).

only thing is if you've got the dvd command unit, you can make mp3 dvd's of thousands of songs, making the cd autochanger a tad redundant...

ps - i've got the 7G auto, 'cos i can't be bothered to change gear...
Old 12-31-2004, 01:31 PM

05 SLK 350, 97 S420, 92 Jeep, 04 Kia, 28 Ford Tudor, 51 Ford F3, 01 Harley, 03 Harley
Originally Posted by evanichka
i haven't driven that much around oahu since ive been back, but i havent seen a single R171 on the road. i wonder how many R171's are out there, seemed like the dealership had a few on hand

but yes, i agree that ever since Theodavies MB was bought out by Fletcher Jones, quality has improved, and now, they dont have these outrageous premiums!

i heard they're going to get 1 or 2 SLR's in, but theyre going to have an auction for it, and whatever is above the MSRP they're donating it to local charities, which i thought was a great idea
Much easier to deal with and not haggle over the stupid mark up TD used to have.
I have only seen one other SLK around (white one) with temp tags. I know there are some out there but seems like they are like me, waiting for the rain to clear up!
I will watch for that auction, should be interesting.
Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:14 PM

2005 SLK350
i drove about a 100 miles last night, just going to random places on the island, mililani, sandys, sierra drive, etc at 2am

i know i haven't driven too many manuals in my lifetime, but the shifts seem so crisp. I love the manual tranny on the SLK!

Happy new year to all.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You have new SLK syndrome!

Symptoms include an inexplicable smile on your face, an undeniable need to shift and connect the pedal to the metal. Oh and all this while the top is down too.

I should know - I have a severe case myself!