SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Lease price for SLK350 quoted on MBUSA.COM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 05:54 PM
gpd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease price for SLK350 quoted on MBUSA.COM

I have had an SLK350 on order for a couple months and it is finally scheduled to arrive at the dealer next week. I stopped by the dealership today to finalize the financing and was surprised to see that the dealer could not match the monthly payment quoted on their own website! They seemed to be off almost $80 a month off.

Has anyone else experienced this? The dealer is claiming that the website does not include taxes and such (which I can understand I guess) but these do not make up for such a large monthly difference.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:27 PM

slk 350
I don't know what numbers you came up with on MBUSA site, but when I did it, the number on the website was much higher than what I ended up getting at the dealership. I just figured MBUSA built in a little fudge, to avoid what has happened to you. Dunno.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
Originally Posted by bmwnomore
I don't know what numbers you came up with on MBUSA site, but when I did it, the number on the website was much higher than what I ended up getting at the dealership. I just figured MBUSA built in a little fudge, to avoid what has happened to you. Dunno.
I suspect that the website does not include taxes, gas guzzler (at least for the SLs and larger cars) and other fees which can add up to thousands of additional dollars. Also, interest rates and money factors will influence what you ultimately pay.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:21 AM
gpd

Thanks for your replies. I expected that taxes and other add ins would effect the price. I was just trying to have the dealer match the website price without the add ins. It seems to me that they should at least be able to do that. Perhaps it is just my salesman he is going to try to contact MB Credit to see if they can reconcile.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:00 AM

Mercedes Benz
Red face

I have had the same experience, then realized that the payments quoted on the "Build your own" part of the MBUSA website assume a 10% cap cost reduction, and do not include first months payment, acquisition, conveyance, license, registration, and sales tax. So on a SLK350, this totals around $7600 up front, and the dealer was figuring much less. The payments are also plus tax.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 slk55
Go to www.leasecompare.com or some other online leasing company, get a quote, and ask your dealer to match it, don't take no for an answer. I told my dealer either they match it, take a lease from leasecompare, or I take my business somewhere else; they ended up finding a pretty decent deal from Wells Fargo. What to look for is low residual value and low money factor...( money factor * 2400 = interest rate).

MB financing is usually not the best route unless it's a teaser lease used to move inventory.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
SJC,

You said it best. I just came back from Fletcher Jones about a new 2005 SLK 350 (priced at 51,000 msrp) and was severly let down.

They wanted $9000 cash from me because I was upside down in my trade-in just to get to a $900 a month payment. That sounds more like a down payment for a house!! F@ckin' B@stards!

I just checked out leasecompare.com and they site is pretty useful. MBUSA.com's quotes never include tax, first month's, etc. and always assume a 850 FICO. The main job of the site is to lure you in. Go to lease compare.com before you go to the dealership...