SLK/R171: question about Command in slk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63, 560SL
question about Command in slk

Hey mates!

I just have a quick question for anyone here w/ a Nav system in the new slk.

I know the command will play mp3 disks, but the question is where does the Nav DVD go? If it goes in the front slot can you still listen to a single CD w/o removing the nav disk?

Basically does the slk 'load' the dvd into a seperate drive which would allow you to continue using the single cd player.

Lastly if you can have both disks in there, can you use the mp3 disks?

thanks guys, this will save me yet another trip to the dealer.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is a separate navigation device in the trunk which holds the Navigation DVD. The head unit is completely separate from that and can be used independently in any way you choose - Audio CD, MP3 CD, DVD Video ( If you are in Europe or Australia).
Old 01-21-2005, 07:40 AM

2005 SLK350, 2004 Astra CD
I just got an SLK350 yesterday, and the Command on the SLK doesn't allow you to watch TV. I have seen the Command system on an SL500 play free-to-air TV, and thought the SLK would be the same, but no.

Is there an aftermarket addon, or a way to get TV reception though Command on the SLK?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by Xenon350
I just got an SLK350 yesterday, and the Command on the SLK doesn't allow you to watch TV. I have seen the Command system on an SL500 play free-to-air TV, and thought the SLK would be the same, but no.

Is there an aftermarket addon, or a way to get TV reception though Command on the SLK?
The SL uses the same comand as the S-class and the CL do.
The SLK uses the same comand as the E-class and the CLS do...and with that said - it is just a small modification to get the required COAX connector at the back of the comand which is required for the TV connection...all TV related software is already present in the EUROspec comands.

greetingz,
Old 01-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Almost a Member!

slk 350
Do you actually watch TV/DVD in your car?

Hi,

This may be a silly question, but how many of you guys actually watch TV/DVD in your car? I was told
that the DVD/TV funcionality is normally turned off automatically when the car is being driven so the
driver won't be distracted. So, the question is, is there any point of having a DVD player/TV in a 2
seater sports car, like SLK?

didu
Old 01-22-2005, 03:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by didu
I was told that the DVD/TV funcionality is normally turned off automatically when the car is being driven so the driver won't be distracted.
On US comands there won't be any DVD playback at all...on EURO comands the TV/DVD lock can easily be switched off with the proper tools...wether it is wise to watch while driving: NO!

greetingz,