SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Keep the CLK or Get an SLK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep the CLK or Get an SLK?

Hey guys... Well i'd just like to hear some of your oppinions. My mum currently has a CLK240, but I'm trying to convince her to trade it in for a SLK200K. I test drove the SLK this weekend and it was fantastic. The dealer also has a car to pretty much the specs we would want (equivalent in features to the CLK). While the SLK is a two seater...they do still have the e-class if they need to carry more passangers...leaving the SLK for me to use LOL. The CLK still looks great...but the SLK drives briliantly and looks fantastic. You reckon its worth trading in or just hanging on to the CLK for a while to see what other new Mercedes are on the Horizon? The SLK is a lot less practical, but the difference between a trade in and a new car looks like its going to be extremely small. Any oppionions?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:10 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz #
Hey guys... Well i'd just like to hear some of your oppinions. My mum currently has a CLK240, but I'm trying to convince her to trade it in for a SLK200K. I test drove the SLK this weekend and it was fantastic. The dealer also has a car to pretty much the specs we would want (equivalent in features to the CLK). While the SLK is a two seater...they do still have the e-class if they need to carry more passangers...leaving the SLK for me to use LOL. The CLK still looks great...but the SLK drives briliantly and looks fantastic. You reckon its worth trading in or just hanging on to the CLK for a while to see what other new Mercedes are on the Horizon? The SLK is a lot less practical, but the difference between a trade in and a new car looks like its going to be extremely small. Any oppionions?
One of these days you will make a long trip and dread every mile in a small car packed to the gunnels with personal stuff. The CLK at least has a flat floor pan if you fold down the seats in the back. The SLK is just an SLK.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He mentioned they have an E for transporting people and large items about. I seriously doubt that they'll be going on a family outing in an SLK.

To the original poster, good luck with your choice, I hope you go for the SLK - it is a motoring experience that is hard to duplicate.

Cheer!
Old 02-19-2005, 01:18 AM

Hey guys...thanks for the oppinions!

After thinking about it for a while...it probably isnt worth changing the CLK...Prob hang on to the vehicle for a while longer. While the SLK is awesome....the CLK is still a great vehicle, drives really well, lovely interior and it still looks fantastic. Also, the impracticality of the SLK may just be a bit much in the end and we all still love the CLK.

Thanks