SLK-Class (R172) 2011-Present SLK200, SLK250, SLK350, and SLK 55

SLK/R172: Power Window Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK250
Power Window Issue

Just bought my 2013 SLK250 last week after owning a 2003 SLK230 for many years. Couldn't be happier but I already have a problem. The top goes up and down just fine. The passenger side windows open and close just fine. The drivers side works MOST of the time but sometimes (like now) I cannot get the windows to roll all the way up. I use the lever on the console inside the top raise and lower lever but no luck. The driver side window will raise all the way but as soon as I release the button it will lower itself about an inch. It's like it thinks the door is open. The back quarter panel window never goes all the way up when this happens as its waiting for the main window to go all the way up, and it doesn't.

The first time this happened I let it sit overnight and when I tried it the next day the problem was gone. The mechanics are fine, it seems like it must be a sensor or a faulty switch? Right now it's stuck but I should be good for a few days as no rain is in the forecast but that won't last forever.

I am only speculating with all this, as I am not that familiar with this car yet. Is there a sensor that will cause the windows to lower about an inch under certain circumstances?
Old 07-02-2020, 10:10 AM

SLK250
Just an update.. just like before I let the car sit for a few hours and then went to try the windows. Everything worked fine and they rolled right up. All I can figure is if the car is hot then something gets a little wonky? This still seems to be a sensor issue of some kind.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:06 AM

Merc A 169 !80CDp
Question Bosvelder

Originally Posted by Carl Aydelotte
Just bought my 2013 SLK250 last week after owning a 2003 SLK230 for many years. Couldn't be happier but I already have a problem. The top goes up and down just fine. The passenger side windows open and close just fine. The drivers side works MOST of the time but sometimes (like now) I cannot get the windows to roll all the way up. I use the lever on the console inside the top raise and lower lever but no luck. The driver side window will raise all the way but as soon as I release the button it will lower itself about an inch. It's like it thinks the door is open. The back quarter panel window never goes all the way up when this happens as its waiting for the main window to go all the way up, and it doesn't.

The first time this happened I let it sit overnight and when I tried it the next day the problem was gone. The mechanics are fine, it seems like it must be a sensor or a faulty switch? Right now it's stuck but I should be good for a few days as no rain is in the forecast but that won't last forever.

I am only speculating with all this, as I am not that familiar with this car yet. Is there a sensor that will cause the windows to lower about an inch under certain circumstances?
Quarter windows stuck halfway everything else works properly