SLK-Class (R172) 2011-Present SLK200, SLK250, SLK350, and SLK 55

SLK/R172: 2020 SLC Audio system intermittent fail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 SLC
2020 SLC Audio system intermittent fail

Wife has a 2020 SLC, with the usual electronics and comms: satellite/am/fm radio, hookups for her iphone for voice texting, calling, etc.

All was shiny until about a month ago, when it all stopped working. The center console unit works fine in the sense that if we turn it on, it lights up and looks like it's on satellite radio. But there's no audio. And likewise with phone, text, am/fm radio there's no joy. Occasionally, after being parked overnight, it'll start working again, but ultimately fail. For a few days she thought it was when she tried to navigate with her phone it would fail, but that is no longer the case.

Internet search yields little of use... what I've found refers to fuses I can't find or seem to be in the wrong place. I've disconnected the battery for 30 mins in order to hopefully cause everything to reset, but no luck.

She doesn't want to take it to the dealer, she's afraid they'll take the whole car apart and when they put it back together it'll rattle and the rattles will never stop.

Any suggestions ?