SLK-Class (R172) 2011-Present SLK200, SLK250, SLK350, and SLK 55

SLK/R172: SLC 43 AMG Warning features not fully functional

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLC 43 AMG
SLC 43 AMG Warning features not fully functional

I have a new to me 2017 SLC 43 AMG in mint condition but some features seem to not be fully functional.

1) Blind Spot Assist - No audible warning If I turn on the turn signals with someone in my blind spot the red triangles do flash but I do not get the audible warning or it is so faint I can not hear it. The manual states: If a vehicle is detected in the monitoring range of Blind Spot Assist and you switch on the corresponding turn signal, a double warning tone sounds. I never hear the double warning tone.

2) Lane Keeping Assist - Warning vibration not felt With Lane Keeping Assist turned on the lines in the assistance graphics display are shown in green indicating the Lane Keeping Assist is working yet I get no vibrating in the steering wheel. The manual state: A warning may be given in if a front wheel passes over a lane marking. It will warn you by means of a intermittent vibration in the steering wheel for up to 1.5 seconds.

In both cases the feature seems to be fully functional but what ever generates the double warning tone or the vibration in the steering wheel does not seem to work. I have looked extensively in the manual and do not see a way of turning the volume up or down or a way to control the amount of vibration.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Old 06-14-2024, 08:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,485 Likes on 2,114 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by armbrust
I have a new to me 2017 SLC 43 AMG in mint condition but some features seem to not be fully functional.

1) Blind Spot Assist - No audible warning If I turn on the turn signals with someone in my blind spot the red triangles do flash but I do not get the audible warning or it is so faint I can not hear it. The manual states: If a vehicle is detected in the monitoring range of Blind Spot Assist and you switch on the corresponding turn signal, a double warning tone sounds. I never hear the double warning tone.

2) Lane Keeping Assist - Warning vibration not felt With Lane Keeping Assist turned on the lines in the assistance graphics display are shown in green indicating the Lane Keeping Assist is working yet I get no vibrating in the steering wheel. The manual state: A warning may be given in if a front wheel passes over a lane marking. It will warn you by means of a intermittent vibration in the steering wheel for up to 1.5 seconds.

In both cases the feature seems to be fully functional but what ever generates the double warning tone or the vibration in the steering wheel does not seem to work. I have looked extensively in the manual and do not see a way of turning the volume up or down or a way to control the amount of vibration.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
In regards to the blindspot assist warning chime, do you hear the "Don't forget your key" chime when you open the door? If you don't, it might be a blown speaker or fuse as there is a speaker specifically used for system warning chimes and tones, if I recalled correctly beneath the steering wheel close to the pedals, so driving side footwell.

As the steering wheel vibration, I wonder if you can turn that off which is why you didn't get the feedback.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-14-2024 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:27 PM

SLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
In regards to the blindspot assist warning chime, do you hear the "Don't forget your key" chime when you open the door? If you don't, it might be a blown speaker or fuse as there is a speaker specifically used for system warning chimes and tones, if I recalled correctly beneath the steering wheel close to the pedals, so driving side footwell.

As the steering wheel vibration, I wonder if you can turn that off which is why you didn't get the feedback.
I played with it a bit more today. Yes, I do hear the tones with the "Don't forget your key". If I listen very carefully I do hear the double tone when I signal to change lanes when someone is in that lane but it is barely audible and if I had the radio on I would not hear it.

Also the vibration is there when I try change lanes but it again is barely perceivable.

Both are so subtle that they are not much of a warning.

Is this normal or is something not right?
Old 06-14-2024, 07:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

I played with it a bit more today. Yes, I do hear the tones with the "Don't forget your key". If I listen very carefully I do hear the double tone when I signal to change lanes when someone is in that lane but it is barely audible and if I had the radio on I would not hear it.

Also the vibration is there when I try change lanes but it again is barely perceivable.

Both are so subtle that they are not much of a warning.

Is this normal or is something not right?
I forgot how loud the tone is for the R231 but if the blind spot warning sound is not audible or not as audible then that is indeed an issue, as its purpose is to warn you so to bring to your attention.
Old 06-15-2024, 07:17 AM

SLC 43 AMG
I am wonder if the volume can be set somewhere. I assume the dealer can set things that I can not. Is there anyway to get documentation or access to these deeper setting? Are there any dealer techs on this forum?
Old 06-15-2024, 07:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

I am wonder if the volume can be set somewhere. I assume the dealer can set things that I can not. Is there anyway to get documentation or access to these deeper setting? Are there any dealer techs on this forum?
You could ask those who have access to XENTRY to see if it can be set.