SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

Changing Head Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:20 AM

03 SLK 32 AMG AND A 03 CLK 430 CABRIO
Cool Changing Head Unit

Hi all my first post here

im the overly proud owner of a 03 SLK 32 and live in sunny South Africa but with great dismay we here dont any good accesories and goodies for our mercs, i would like to know can i change my head unit in my car she has bose sound in her and i wanna change the unit to a in dash dvd system can i do it or not
Old 05-08-2007 | 06:01 PM

I just pulled mine and replaced it with a Panasonic cd/mp3 head unit. It is very easy, as the radio is a single DIN standard size, and wiring and antenna adapters are readily available. The Bose amps work with aftermarket units, or you can replace them with a good amp.
Old 05-09-2007 | 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by 2Cool
I just pulled mine and replaced it with a Panasonic cd/mp3 head unit. It is very easy, as the radio is a single DIN standard size, and wiring and antenna adapters are readily available. The Bose amps work with aftermarket units, or you can replace them with a good amp.
The Bose amps absolutely do not work that easily. They are not plug and play. Check out the C forum for more info.
Old 06-02-2007 | 10:50 AM

Orly? Mine sounds remarkably good for non-functional amps... must just be the imaginary music in my head, eh?

Used the VW harness adapter provided by Crutchfield, made sure the radio amp signal wire was connected to the appropriate wire on the vehicle harness, and voila, better sound.