SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

Door Lock Problem SLK 32 AMG-Solutions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge Viper RT/10, MB SLK32 AMG, KBS Mk5
Door Lock Problem SLK 32 AMG-Solutions?

I searched the threads but can't find this problem.

I have a 2002 AMG with about 33,000 miles. Yesterday, at highway speeds (75mph) the door locks started locking and unlocking on their own. This happened several times over a ten minute period and then stopped.

When I got home, I found the locks would not lock with the remote. The lights still blink and the dashboard signal lights blink, but they don't lock.

I disconnected the battery in the hopes of doing a "ctrl-alt-delete" but that didn't solve the problem. Any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by mslf500
I searched the threads but can't find this problem.

I have a 2002 AMG with about 33,000 miles. Yesterday, at highway speeds (75mph) the door locks started locking and unlocking on their own. This happened several times over a ten minute period and then stopped.

When I got home, I found the locks would not lock with the remote. The lights still blink and the dashboard signal lights blink, but they don't lock.

I disconnected the battery in the hopes of doing a "ctrl-alt-delete" but that didn't solve the problem. Any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?
It is likely that the disconnecting of your battery didn't fix it right?

You need a new door lock modulator. This is the electrical box that makes the locks engage or disengage. There is a DIY on the W203 forum, but your car is likely to be slightly different.

Go into the thread "Door Lock Pogo" in the W203 section if you need DIY help. There are a number of us who have done the fix.

Ed