SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

PSE problems!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 11:57 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2004 E55
PSE problems!?!

Ok, so the wife was at work today and her car '02 SLK32, wouldn't unlock with the fob,tested fob for battery light and it was fine, put the key in and unlocked, then went to start and it started and shutoff, then did it again, then the alarm started going off, and then car wouldn't even turn over after that. first thought it was battery, but tow driver tested and battery is 100%, So I told her to have it towed home (AAA saves the day)
I did a little more checking and noticed that the PSE wasn't powering when I turned the key. Did a little research about the PSE, and it seems they are prone to failure due to water. I pulled the pump and it looks fine, but still no go. the 2 fuses for central locking and Vacuum pump (fuse block 25,26) were fine. is there a way to test the PSE to see if it is failed. I would hate to buy a new one and find it is an issue somewhere else. I put power to the leads for the vacuum pump and it worked when I did that.

Just at a loss.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:53 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2004 E55
So bought a jumkyard part, but I think it is failed too. one question. does a new pump need to be programmed to the car with star or anything?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 slk32 amg
check the part #
generally they have to programmed to your car, much like the ecu
i have heard (not my experience) that with the exact part # unit no program was needed.

pse problems are common, good luck. sounds like yours has died. me, i am tracking a leaking passenger door vacuum line between the trunk and footwell. these cars are great except when this stuff happens.