SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

Having Slk 32 amg error codes need help??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Slk 32 Amg
Having Slk 32 amg error codes need help??

i got the check engine light and the error code that was pulled up was
P0562 - Voltage Supply of Component N3/10 (ME-SFI control module)?? what does that mean?
I got this message after i was at a drive through window and my car started shaking and when applied gas it didnt really want to go. I ended up towing the car home...
Old 07-31-2012, 11:13 PM

03 Slk 32 Amg
does anyone know what could be wrong? a shop said it could be the fuel pump having problems... does that sound right?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:38 AM

2003 slk32amg
sorry can't help

sorry that i haven't heard about this so can't help. but if you ever find out, please post it on here. good luck
Old 08-24-2012, 03:06 PM

'02 slk32 amg
First off check the battery, notorious for throwing odd codes when going bad.

Generic OBD Error Code Details for P0562

System Voltage Low

What does this mean?

OBD Code P0562refers to
The battery supplies electricity to the ECM even when the ignition switch is OFF. This electricity allows the ECM to store data such as DTC history, freeze frame data, fuel trim values and other data. If the battery voltage falls below a minimum level, the ECM will conclude that there is a fault in the power supply circuit. The next time the engine starts, the ECM will turn on the MIL and a DTC will be set.
Symptoms

Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0562
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Slow engine start - Low battery power
Causes

Possible causes of OBD code P0562
- Loose or missing alternator drive belt - Faulty alternator - Battery defective - Open or short system voltage circuit The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: The P0562 code is detected when the battery voltage detected by the ECM is less than a calibrated value
Old 08-29-2012, 06:07 PM

03 Slk 32 Amg
I think I solved it

So the people at a place looked into it and said the best thing to start off at was the air pump relay I had. They said a lot of things are controlled by the air pump relay. By having a malfunctioning air pump relay thing could have been told to turn on or do stuff at wrong times therefor cause all sorts of possible problems. So I got that done about 2 days after posting and until now no more check engine light and no other problems. Hopes this helps anyone if they ever have a problem like this