SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

32 AMG IC pump changed, Reley changed - still problems.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG W204 SOLD: CL55 AMG V8 Kompressor E55 W211/CLS63 W219
32 AMG IC pump changed, Reley changed - still problems.

Hi! (Helping a friend that owns this 32)

I have a Mercedes 32 AMG 2001 170000 Kilometers. So when i buyed the car i noticed a problem (Exactly the same problem i noticed after buying a E55 AMG W211) The problem was when i give it one kickdown the car is running perfect like evrey horse is responding. BUT the second one yea like 150 horses is sleeping...

So i thought the problem was so easy like my old E55 - The Intercooler pump - so i ordered one "Johnson CM30 pump" i replaced it and also changed the coolant.

I was so excited i couldent wait, so i took the car for a test ride. First kickdown WOOW!! Second also a big WOOW but the third was not a WOW more a dissipointment...

I didn't give up the hope i was still on the highway so i tried. I just came up to 150km/h and the RPM was max. The car couldent go over that... I tried again and there the WOW kickdown came 210, 220, 230km/h WOW!

So i tried do som search on the net and some people sad to me change the relay to the IC pump in the trunk.. Well i did it to, but still the same problem

And one thing, maybe it could be something with this but i dont know... My outside temp show me -40 but it is like +25 outside..

I hope someone can help me.. I dont know what to do anymore. Change this, change this but nothing is happening

So please if you guys know something help

(Sorry for my bad english, im writing from Scandinavia)