SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

BUCKING ON ACCELERATION IN HIGH GEAR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRT6 CROSSFIRE
BUCKING ON ACCELERATION IN HIGH GEAR

Maybe you guys can help. I've got a 2005 SRT6 Crossfire and if I'm in Drive and nail the throttle it will downshift then starts to accelerate hard but then will buck, almost like the SC is cutting in and out or the throttle is cutting in and out. Any thoughts? The car is modified pretty much, DCAI, modified manifolds, colder plugs, SL55 fuel pump, AEG fuel pressure regulator, 181 mm crank pulley, 70 m SC pulley, modified pulley wrap, and a tune from InMotion.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 225 Likes on 171 Posts
2003 SL55 / 2002 SLK32
Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Maybe you guys can help. I've got a 2005 SRT6 Crossfire and if I'm in Drive and nail the throttle it will downshift then starts to accelerate hard but then will buck, almost like the SC is cutting in and out or the throttle is cutting in and out. Any thoughts? The car is modified pretty much, DCAI, modified manifolds, colder plugs, SL55 fuel pump, AEG fuel pressure regulator, 181 mm crank pulley, 70 m SC pulley, modified pulley wrap, and a tune from InMotion.
Sounds a bit like what my SLK32 was doing before I asked Jerry to fix the tune. You may want to ask your tuner to look at your "load limits".

Hope that helps,
Chris
Old 02-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossfire SRT6
I'm having the exact same problem, and I have narrowed it down to three things. First try the throttle pedal reset procedure. I can find the procedure and send it to you if you send me your email address. That didn't work for me, but it's free and easy, so worth a try. The other two items that I haven't worked through yet, are the throttle pedal replacement. I have another SRT6, and I'll exchange the pedals an see if that solves the problem. The last option is the throttle body.

I also have the EU tune, but I haven't been able to get them to answer the phone or return my calls, or emails.