SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

Car Won't Start, I Am Lost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 230
Car Won't Start, I Am Lost

Okay, so a little background. I bought a 1998 SLK 230 at the beginning of summer, we bought in and within the week the transmission went out. So we decided to pick up a used transmission. Installed the new one and now car won't start. Now, the car will start every once in a while but not consistently at all. The car is turning over and the battery is not dead. I have checked the MAF sensor, checked the ground cables, and checked for fuel. The car was getting fuel. I had read that pulling the battery cables for 20 mins will reset the cars computer so I did that and it started up. Then I shut it off and now it won't start again. I didn't check for spark because it must have to have spark because the car does start on some occasions. I just ordered a code reader to see but there is no emergency light. I have reset the cars computer after every change I have made just in case. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old 07-11-2017, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
Fuel filter try

I have a 02 slk32 and had starting issues. I couldn't figure it out but eventually found out others posted clogged fuel filter. I didn't believe that could actually happen. Got a new filter from dealer and started right up. Cheap fix to start with plus get maintenance out of the way. Hope that help plus my car only had 55k miles and I use only premium.

Last edited by DuvalAMG333; 07-11-2017 at 01:56 AM. Reason: misspelling