SLK32 AMG (R170) 2001 - 2004: Discuss the SLK32 AMG.

Need help identifying missing electrical components

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SLK32 AMG
Need help identifying missing electrical components

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and as of right now I don't own a Mercedes. I'm looking at purchasing an SLK32 AMG that's got some issues.
I couldn't figure out why it wasn't starting, and after doing a little digging, I found what appears to be several missing electrical components, and a lot of heavy corrosion on some of the plugs.
I don't have any idea what is missing, as I don't have anything to reference it to.
Here's a link to the Imgur album that shows what I could find so far. https://imgur.com/a/WlsMPOf
Heavy corrosion on plug.

More missing components.

Missing components.

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me identify these components, so I can see about replacing them.
I was also hoping to see if I might be able to find a factory wiring diagram, or something that might help me moving forward.

I'm also trying to see if there is a source for used modules and components like this.
Years ago I had an Audi that needed a TON of parts, and managed to get hooked up with ForceFiveAuto out of New Hampshire, and there were an amazing resource for Audi and WV parts.
If there's something like that for MB, I'd appreciate the referral.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 06-27-2022, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005, SRT-6 2012, GL 450 2006, Chevy SSR
Firstly it looks like the RCM “Relay Control Module” is missing. You’re not going anywhere without that. You can find them in any R170 SLK320, SLK 32AMG or any year Chrysler Crossfire. If you know anyone that has one of those cars you can swap it in to see if that’s all it needs but it looks like more is missing.