SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Keelmann SLK 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2005 | 11:48 PM
bhr
Almost a Member!

Keelmann SLK 55

I just cam back form the dealer finishing paper work of my CLS.

The salesman showed me another car that he said might intreset me a White SLK 55 with full Kleemann modifications. I dont know if its the 610hp or the 680hp package but the car rocks. I drove it for a spin next to the dealer it was one of the sickest cars i have ever driven.

the car was about $20K on top of the SLK 55 price.
Old 03-09-2005 | 12:47 AM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
its not 680 hp nor is it 610, the highest Kleeman performance upgrade for the SLK 55 AMG is 596 hp. The car model would then be called a SLK 55K S8, not a SLK 55 AMG. I think you just drove the SLK 55 AMG without modifications. It still is pretty fast without the Kleemann Peformance Upgrade.

One thing I am pissed about is that there use to be a certified Kleemann store/autoshop in Los Angeles. I checked the website and I can't find it, the autoshop was called something like "borgworks". After my 7 year warranty is up, I am going to put that 596 hp upgrade in my SLK 55 AMG. Hopefully they will have a Kleemann autoshop near Los Angeles. (There are three other Kleemann autoshops in California, Okland, Santa Cruz, and another somewhere near those two. Why do they have 3 shops so close to each other and they have none in southern california, (and when they did, they only had one). I know this store that can get me anything for any car at discount rates and stuff. They said they can get me all the SLK 55K S8 parts for the peformance upgrade, the thing is that they do not assemble it, and I really have no training in that area, I can learn, but it will take a while. I can give it to an autoshop, but I prefer to give it to someone that is certified by Kleemann.
Old 03-09-2005 | 12:11 PM

SLK55
Originally Posted by bhr
I just cam back form the dealer finishing paper work of my CLS.

The salesman showed me another car that he said might intreset me a White SLK 55 with full Kleemann modifications. I dont know if its the 610hp or the 680hp package but the car rocks. I drove it for a spin next to the dealer it was one of the sickest cars i have ever driven.

the car was about $20K on top of the SLK 55 price.
If the car is warranteed that is a great price!
Hopefully it won't be the only white one soon!
Old 03-09-2005 | 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by fredfromny
If the car is warranteed that is a great price! ...
Agreed!