SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK55 with SLR engine... WOW

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice car, but looks fake to me!
Plus why would the AMG technicians go all the way to Dubai if he had that money to do that..he could've just bought the car
Aaand is he your unckle as you claim!
Old 07-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Almost a Member!

G55K
Originally Posted by NYK909
Nice car, but looks fake to me!
Plus why would the AMG technicians go all the way to Dubai if he had that money to do that..he could've just bought the car
Aaand is he your unckle as you claim!
it says ur from dbai, which means u know where the BSP garage is, if u dont its next to gargash enterprises service center. Do me a favour, u pass by there if ur lucky you would bump into him and if u do u ask him, tell him that in the net RASHED BINOMAIRA has pictures of the SLK-R see what he says, also ask him he says hes related to u, see what he says too... and if u dont get a chance to see hiim there, then just PM me ur number ill be sure to call u, pick u up, take you to his home and give u a small tour in his garage next to his home and introduce you to him, plz plz, dont think twice about pm'ing me. .(then we'll see what u think of the SLK and if its still fake or not)

Besides, bro plz dont miss understand me, the whole point of the post wasn't to brag of the fact that he is my relative(uncle) or not(thats the last thing on my mind and i really resent the fact that i mentioned it), the reason behind the post was to show everyone about his talents and his ability to actually get that done, not an easy job doing that.

Last edited by BinOmaira; 07-31-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:54 PM

Where there is money and will (oh and talent)....there is a way.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bentley Cont GT, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, S63,Ferrari 599, Ferrari 458
This is actually pretty legit. Theres another forum that was started on the issue with other pictures: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=89166.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:35 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 E320
OK...I believe you. I saw some more pictures on some other forum and it sure does confirm that this car is real. I just don't see how it will manage to put all the power down since it's lighter than the SLR, probably has narrower tires, less aerodynamically sound (thus producing less downforce), etc... This guy sure is rich as hell and he has a good taste as well!!
Old 08-03-2005, 05:40 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Gang,

The SLR motor is nothing more than a std 5.5L AMG motor with a blower, head & cam package, intake & exhaust. You can add the same upgrades to your own AMG powerplant & produce the same horsepower (ie Kleeman).

The SLR intake plenums look to be a bit larger than stock so the SLR engine bay is taller/longer than the SLK (it can accomodate the intake banks more easliy since there is more room to work with).

See ya,
-Matt
Old 08-03-2005, 06:40 PM

1998 honda civic lx
wow is all i have to say if this is real.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
wow, your uncles work is amazing!!! The SLK-SLR swap is simply too hot for words. The twin charged C32 is another sick project. Keep up the great work... maybe one day I'll have the pleasure of travelling to Dubai and check out everything in person. You guys from Dubai ROCK!!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by BinOmaira
it says ur from dbai, which means u know where the BSP garage is, if u dont its next to gargash enterprises service center. Do me a favour, u pass by there if ur lucky you would bump into him and if u do u ask him, tell him that in the net RASHED BINOMAIRA has pictures of the SLK-R see what he says, also ask him he says hes related to u, see what he says too... and if u dont get a chance to see hiim there, then just PM me ur number ill be sure to call u, pick u up, take you to his home and give u a small tour in his garage next to his home and introduce you to him, plz plz, dont think twice about pm'ing me. .(then we'll see what u think of the SLK and if its still fake or not)

Besides, bro plz dont miss understand me, the whole point of the post wasn't to brag of the fact that he is my relative(uncle) or not(thats the last thing on my mind and i really resent the fact that i mentioned it), the reason behind the post was to show everyone about his talents and his ability to actually get that done, not an easy job doing that.

Thank you for the offer and I would love to meet him coz I know he is a nice person. But pleazz do you think I have too much free time..I have more important things to do in my life rather than chekin after you.

Last edited by NYK909; 08-06-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AC Schnitzer E46
You guys are retarded... this is the real deal.

http://forums.germancarfans.com/zerothread?id=15241

SLK55 with SLR engine... WOW-allpics158a.jpg

SLK55 with SLR engine... WOW-allpics242.jpg

SLK55 with SLR engine... WOW-allpics245.jpg

SLK55 with SLR engine... WOW-slkenginesmall9ib.jpg

SLK55 with SLR engine... WOW-slkslr.jpg
Old 08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AC Schnitzer E46
Wow... check this out

Originally Posted by BSP Turbo from GermanCarFans.com

Mr Merc 1

My offer still stands.

There will indeed be a video soon, it is simply a matter of priorities.

The transmission is indeed a 7 speed, modified to survive happily to 1200Nm.

The Engine is an SLR unit, the 55 series engines are virtually identical in exterior appearance, internal components vary to suit requirements.

The engine fitted is pure SLR with one exception. The SLK flexplate and SLR crankshaft run different bolt patterns, so the crankshaft fitted to this engine is a prototype that has now gone into production for various models.

The SLR Kompressor configuration is unique. The black units on top of the engine are water cooled intercooler assemblies, no air filters as somebody advised earlier.

As anyone will know who has driven an SLR hard in high ambient temperatures, the SLR intercooler water system is not capable of an adequately cool water supply and performance suffers because of it, so a large amount of the installation and design of this project was dedicated to intercooler temperature control.

We have used a full sized E55 engine radiator with hand fabricated end tanks and placed it in front of the air conditioning condensor. A 10 litre water catch / swirl tank supplys cooled water to the 2 AMG intercooler water pumps and these pump water through the intercoolers and back to the intercooler radiator.

Intercooler water temps have never risen more than 12 degrees over ambient.

The airbox is now mounted above the battery for 2 reasons, The highest air pressure point on the vehicle is at the base of the windscreen and it also happens to be a good source of the coolest air possible.

The SLR engine sump is larger than the SLK and runs a slightly different layout configuration, hence the need to change the front anti roll bar. We fabricated and adjustable chrome moly unit which is clearly visible on the under car shots.

The SLK and SLR Motronic control units and wiring are very different in CAN addressing and pinouts, for this reason an E55 engine ECU and wiring loom was used and reprogrammed to suit. E throttle control, ESP, Engine fan control, injector sizing, ignition and fuel tables plus much more.

The exhaust modifications visible in the pictures were a temporary fix to establish noise levels prior to exhaust system development, this has now been updated and as anyone who has heard the car in anger will tell you, the sound is breathtaking. The only way I can truely explain it is every time I hear it, I am reminded of a summers evening in Pamona several years ago, watching Pro Stock qualifying.

I honestly hope it comes through clearly on the video.

Our ambient air temperature during summer can exceed 50deg C, this is the reason for the summer bonnet, during winter the covered bonnet will be fitted.

Anytime under bonnet temperatures can be decreased, power will increase.

Speaking of power, I beleive the standard SLR engine is rated at 625hp?

Please be assured that with our 98 premium octane, an intercooler system that exceeds requirements, additional supercharger pressure via drive upgrades and some serious dyno time, the SLR engine is capable of well more than this consistantly.

Power in this car? Adequate!

Additional weight over the front wheels is approximately half the weight of a passenger, weight balance is unchanged as the SLR engine and SLK engine sit in the same position.

The front and rear suspension have been changed with uprated springs and shocks in the rear to better control the squat this power level produces and of course the front shocks needed changing because as one might expect, the front wheels almost lift under hard acceleration.

Why an SLR engine?

Simple, the completed car is a quarter the cost of an SLR, its faster than an SLR because its approx 400Kg lighter, and the car is relatively inconspicuous.

A personalised SLR has been ordered and will arrive when finished, but sometimes its good not to wave a huge flag.

This car has something that the majority of engine transplants do not.

It can, will and has been parked outside the front door of the Royal Palace and acknowledged with a smile that it matches the style synonomous with the name

Mohammed Ben Sulayem.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
wow!
I guess all you photoshop pros need to shut the f uck up

BinOmaira you have my respect
Old 08-10-2005, 01:29 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
THAT is a cool SLK55.

I just ordered the Kleeman kit for mine for a 9/12 installation. Should be fun.

Good post of the SLK55, err SLR/SLK55. I think its pretty hot myself!

See ya,
-Matt
Old 08-11-2005, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350, S320, Mini Cooper S
Stunning!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:27 AM

SLK55
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
I just ordered the Kleeman kit for mine for a 9/12 installation. Should be fun.

-Matt
Dear Matt
Did you get the chip or LSD with the blower or all 3?
Also how much $$$ if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers,
Fred
Old 08-11-2005, 02:10 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by fredfromny
Dear Matt
Did you get the chip or LSD with the blower or all 3?
Also how much $$$ if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers,
Fred
Hey Fred,

Yes sir, I got the 550Hp package (blower & ECU) as well as the LSD. It was somewhat pricey ($18k, installed including CA 8.25% tax) but WTF . The Headers give another 40 Hp but it was another $4.8k - just not worth it in my opinion? Maybe I'll get the Headers later, doubt the Cams though - I'm not fond of someone cracking my motor open & spending another $10k for an additional 27 Hp (above & beyong the Header & exhaust mentioned above). The 40 Hp Header/exhaust package give me something to look forward to if the 550 Hp @ 5,800 RPM (525 ft lbs of torque) isn't enough.

It should be pretty quick. The authorized Kleemann dealer & race shop (they have 3 drivers whom they sponsor in F2000 & some other SCCA classes) says the 550Hp is good for 3.5 sec 0-60 time in the SLK55s with the LSD. It should run a low 11 sec 1/4 mile (50 more Hp than a new Viper, 7 Spd tranny, & traction control + LSD = pretty sprite SLK :v ). He said it will have a 190 mph top end (anyone that even attempts such a foolish thing- even on a track - is crazy in my book). But hey, 190 mph sounds cool .

Hope this helps ya Fred & take care.

See you,
-Matt
Old 08-11-2005, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Hey Fred,

Yes sir, I got the 550Hp package (blower & ECU) as well as the LSD. It was somewhat pricey ($18k, installed including CA 8.25% tax) but WTF . The Headers give another 40 Hp but it was another $4.8k - just not worth it in my opinion? Maybe I'll get the Headers later, doubt the Cams though - I'm not fond of someone cracking my motor open & spending another $10k for an additional 27 Hp (above & beyong the Header & exhaust mentioned above). The 40 Hp Header/exhaust package give me something to look forward to if the 550 Hp @ 5,800 RPM (525 ft lbs of torque) isn't enough.

It should be pretty quick. The authorized Kleemann dealer & race shop (they have 3 drivers whom they sponsor in F2000 & some other SCCA classes) says the 550Hp is good for 3.5 sec 0-60 time in the SLK55s with the LSD. It should run a low 11 sec 1/4 mile (50 more Hp than a new Viper, 7 Spd tranny, & traction control + LSD = pretty sprite SLK :v ). He said it will have a 190 mph top end (anyone that even attempts such a foolish thing- even on a track - is crazy in my book). But hey, 190 mph sounds cool .

Hope this helps ya Fred & take care.

See you,
-Matt

DAMN!! Your SLK will be screaming!! Whereabout in Silicon Valley are you?? I'd like to check out your setup when it's done.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:30 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by MGV156
DAMN!! Your SLK will be screaming!! Whereabout in Silicon Valley are you?? I'd like to check out your setup when it's done.
I live in San Jose (off Bascom & Hamilton...close to the Pruneyard area if you are familiar with it?)

I'm headed to Greece on vacation for 2 wks w/the wife tomorrow so no access to computers. Once I get the junk installed on the car in mid Sept, shoot me an email. You are welcome to come over any time.

Cheers!
-Matt
Old 04-28-2006, 06:32 PM

Exclamation Video showing this car racing with a Ferrari Enzo

This is a video of Mohammed Bin Sulayem driving his SLK500 with the SLR engine and another one of his cars a Ferrari Enzo.

Who will win ? I think you know the answer

Watch it at,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=slk&pl=true

Atleast now everyone can be SURE it is real

- FaeLLe

Last edited by FaeLLe; 04-29-2006 at 09:56 AM.