SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Can anyone...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK 55 AMG
Can anyone...

make a detail comparo between Kleeman and Reentech for the SLK55?

Thanks!

JMC
Old 05-29-2005, 03:47 AM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Well it depends on how many Kleemann products and Renntech products you put on the car. If you have a fully loaded SLK K8 Kleeman (everything for the SLK 55 AMG of Kleemann products) you will get 600 hp... With a fully loaded Renntech,, I believe, and I repeat,, I believe you get about 420 to 440 hp. I don't know anything about warranty for their products, but I do know that MBZ will not warranty it....The reason I mentioned warranty is because....

....I went to this car performance store and the guy tells me he can put anything that is Renntech and MBZ (the car maker company) will cover the Renntech warranty and still keep the 4 year or more warranty. I asked him for his sources,,,, cause that sounded way to good to be true. He tells me the dealership down the block. I wanted to slap him when he said that, Silver Star Mercedes Benz will never say that. I went to my maintance guy who my parents have been with for the past 15 years and he has worked their longer than that and he said that there is no such thing. I go back to the car performance store and I tell him to call Silver Star and ask them about warranty and Renntech. He would not do it..... BTW, this store has been here for almost a year now and everytime I go in (10 to 20 times) I have not seen one single customer. The first time I went there, the guy tried to sell me some chezzy rims and he said my chromed AMG rims were not in style....The truth was that he had a chezzy collection of rims.

Last edited by Deuce; 05-29-2005 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:57 AM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
Reentech provides 454hp for S/C+Intercooler+ECU+Carbon Fiber air box; don't know if it includes the headers (quoted at 25hp) $15,900 /// Headers $4995. Can anyone find out if headers are included on that $15,900?

Kleemann rated at 589hp with the full exhaust system and 579hp if headers only. Don't know the price!! How come both offer a S/C kit but only one offers an intercooler? Hum??? Does anyone knows the price of the Kleemann mods without the brakes, suspension, wheels (only the engine mods)??