SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

news about AMG "PERFORMANCE OPTION" delayed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lamborghini Gallardo, Turbo, SLK 55, E350 4Matic, Xterra
news about AMG "PERFORMANCE OPTION" delayed?

So i have slk55 with the "Performance Package" on order. called my sales person today and it looks like it's delayed. It show's up on the ordering thing they use. but there is a service bulletin that the Performance option is delayed.

anyone have anymore news?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:29 PM

2006 SLK 55
Originally Posted by silk32
So i have slk55 with the "Performance Package" on order. called my sales person today and it looks like it's delayed. It show's up on the ordering thing they use. but there is a service bulletin that the Performance option is delayed.

anyone have anymore news?

I heard somewhere, that the 030 AMG performance pkg will not go into production until September at the earliest. By delayed, do you mean delayed beyond September? Indefinitely?? If you hear anything more specific be sure to post the news. Thanks!

PS: Do you have any more specific info or photos about the exact features included?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:45 PM

SLK 230
Do you pay for it in full when you order it?

Hi,

I just wonder this is a few times i have read on here of people having to wait for their cars - can I ask do you pay for the car in full and yet have to wait? Or do you put a deposit down and pay for it full on delivery? I have never had to wait for a car (mainly because i have never gone for such top class cars) so i just wondered.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:50 PM

Lamborghini Gallardo, Turbo, SLK 55, E350 4Matic, Xterra
"performance package" includes the fallowing according to my sales person:

Carbon Fiber Interior
Swade leather steering wheel
Aggressive exterior styling (whatever that means)
Suspension Upgrade (forgot the exact name of it)
Brake Upgrade
Old 07-18-2005, 05:21 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by NeilC123
Hi,

I just wonder this is a few times i have read on here of people having to wait for their cars - can I ask do you pay for the car in full and yet have to wait? Or do you put a deposit down and pay for it full on delivery? I have never had to wait for a car (mainly because i have never gone for such top class cars) so i just wondered.
I'm sure it varies by geo (and perhaps by dealer). The dealers I worked with (in US) required a charge card with $500 deposit. HOWEVER, neither one actually processed it (seems just to be a simple check to see your interested and not just window shopping). This got you a commitment from them for one of their build slots (actually put you on a list in chronological order). Once your slot came up, they call to re-verify and "finalize" the order. At this time the $500 charge card was processed. Then not until actually getting the keys to drive away, do you pay (or finance) the car (minus the $500 you already paid).

Given the demand was greater than supply (for SLK55's anyway), you could drop off at anytime before they processed the $500 and not be out anything.

You could also drop after the build slot was assigned, and even after the build started. But depending on the dealer (and the local) demand you may or may not get your $500 back.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:59 AM
ON PROBATION

The (030) Performance Pkg Options hasve been listed and discussed here more than a few times -- perhaps you can do a search and find the threads? On the SLK55 s/b: Front Spoiler, CF Trim, Alcantara Sport Steering Wheel, Nurburgring Suspension, Compound Brakes Upgrade, Vmax delimit to 176(?)mph, 18-Inch Two-Piece Wheels. Yee Haw!