SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions

Just wanted to say hi. Have been browsing this forum for some months now and all the info & pics have been very helpful and inspiring, so a big thank you to you all.

Have just finished a 4 day hire of an SLK55AMG as needed to know its going to be worth the wait for mine which it unquestionably is.

Couple of minor questions, has anyone found a good way to clean up the scuffing on the black parts of the interior? Does anyone know about a Bluetooth option for the phone setup so one can use a Bluetooth enabled Blackberry? (like I believe you can with the latest Range Rover). Lastly has anyone had problems with the windscreen developing a milky film on the inside, this is only noticeable when for example driving towards a low evening sun. Thought I had cleaned it off one day for it just to return the next. Hire people said it might be something to do with bacteria in the air con. Hope its friendly bacteria

In case you're wondering about the user name, I'm not a LOTR geek, just is when I floored the car for the first time with the roof down thought I had a Balrog breathing down my neck, having the air scarf set too high probably didnt help, awesome car.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
MB supplies a very fine and thin white microfiber cloth with the car for cleaning the interior. It works pretty good (for me), I followed the directions, which is dampen with water that has a drop or two of dishwashing liquid.

There is no fully integrated BT capable option (yet). There are aftermarkets, but they don't actually tie into the car COMAND system very well (if at all). Perhaps something in the future.

Other people on the forums have complained about the film on the windshield interior. I do not have it. Do a search, but I think there was a claim about material or glue used on the center speaker (which the A/C&Heater flows around) causing it, and I think I remember someone having their speaker replaced for it.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:30 PM
CP1

SLK 55 AMG
I have found that the Trim Spray by Stoner works really well. Spray it on and the white marks disappear.