Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
another pic for your eyes... LOL
Attached Thumbnails Slk55 is No Chicks Car!-copy-2-03022005-002-.jpg  
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM

AMG
who said SLK 55 isn't being respected?

people asks me about the SLK 55 more than the SL 55 , any driver I pass by having an AMG , respects what iam driving... for example giving me way to pass
Old 10-10-2005, 06:44 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by newton22
You guys are right, not a chick's car.

A chick with a rich husband's car. :p

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Old 10-10-2005, 07:33 PM

c32
I started this thread to give a new owners opinion on a new car that I have enjoyed for a few days, I thought thats what we come to forums for. People in this forum are just too sensitive.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:11 PM

AMG
dont worry dude...

enjoy your ride ....
Old 10-11-2005, 01:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by trompazo
The SL is much more of a chick car based on performance because it is a heavy boat. It more for those who have no driving skill or don't use the performance aspect of the car except for maybe a periodic staightline accelleration burst.
i dunno, mang. there's a link somewhere on this forum to a downloadable video from britain with some babe banging the crap out of both the slk55 and the sl55 on a course out in england, and the sl55, being such the heavier sludgemaster than the much smaller slk, still manages to best it by (admittedly not much) about 3 ticks of a second. seems like they both lumber quite a bit around the corners, and the slk is all to eager to go sideways.

that said, the first new car i ever bought was a 2001 white on red/blk slk 320. man, i loved that car!!! slk's are probably the perfect second car, since they're not so big and "all that" as the sl's (which, if i had one, would be a "first car" -- maybe after the kid's gotten a bit older...).
Old 10-11-2005, 05:40 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by vixapphire
i dunno, mang. there's a link somewhere on this forum to a downloadable video from britain with some babe banging the crap out of both the slk55 and the sl55 on a course out in england, and the sl55, being such the heavier sludgemaster than the much smaller slk, still manages to best it by (admittedly not much) about 3 ticks of a second. seems like they both lumber quite a bit around the corners, and the slk is all to eager to go sideways.

that said, the first new car i ever bought was a 2001 white on red/blk slk 320. man, i loved that car!!! slk's are probably the perfect second car, since they're not so big and "all that" as the sl's (which, if i had one, would be a "first car" -- maybe after the kid's gotten a bit older...).

yeah, the stupid girl ... butler.. she hates SLK 55 ,,, it was very biased ,,,, in fact , I can assure you that SLK 55 would have won if it wasn't her driving it ... the SL won by 0.3 sec only .. Cmon..
Old 10-11-2005, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by AMG&AMG
yeah, the stupid girl ... butler.. she hates SLK 55 ,,, it was very biased ,,,, in fact , I can assure you that SLK 55 would have won if it wasn't her driving it ... the SL won by 0.3 sec only .. Cmon..
Isn't it the most honest test to have the same driver drive both? And wether she's stupid or not, Vicky Butler is quite the race driver.

And besides, the fact that she (tomboy if I ever saw one) likes the SL better, doesn't that make the SLK even more a chick car?

Don't forget guys (and girls), labeling the SLK as a chicks car is not a judgement, only an opinion. Besides, real men are not afraid to drive a chicks car.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:03 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by sprins
Isn't it the most honest test to have the same driver drive both? And wether she's stupid or not, Vicky Butler is quite the race driver.

And besides, the fact that she (tomboy if I ever saw one) likes the SL better, doesn't that make the SLK even more a chick car?

Don't forget guys (and girls), labeling the SLK as a chicks car is not a judgement, only an opinion. Besides, real men are not afraid to drive a chicks car.

exactly, like me... although I drive both , SL 55 and SLK 55 ... :p
Old 10-11-2005, 04:10 PM

AMG

its funny to see how she freaked out LOL
Old 10-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ardy6931
Don't attack our cars because your isn't getting the type of attention you had hoped with spluring that much on your car stephen
OWNED!!! ha ha ha ...
Old 10-11-2005, 06:25 PM

There has already been a thread on this, so I'll state again, being in the MB capitol of North America, Orange County (grand opening of the MB Classic Ctr is Sun, Nov 13 in Irvine), and having like the first SLK55 here, I've had almost a year to watch the reaction my car gets over the billions of SLs that clog this area. SLs truly are like Newport Chevys. So dime a dozen, they are mundane with, its seems, only me getting excited at the occasional SL65 or, better, SL Brabus.

If it was a choice between a SL 55 and a SLK 55, guess which car will get parked up front - MINE. Hands down. Valet don't even blink at SLs. My car is still the only one I've seen at the Crystal Cove car show that is held in Newport Coast. One wknd there was 30 MILLION dollars worth of cars parked in just 2 little parking lots, the boring or mundane cars, LIKE SLs, parked in the overflow lots that couldn't keep up with the Enzos, Lambos, etc. My car was parked right next to a million dollar Cizeta and, after the initial rush, got just as much attention!

The first 2 hrs I had the car, I had two guys, separately, say, identically, "This is my dream car." When people see it they think it cost more than the SL because of the speed, technology and NEW styling, comparable only to the VERY MACHO half million dollar SLR. Those that know, know that those who bought and were able to secure an SLK 55, which was on the cover of Consumer Reports as their Best Bang for the Buck automobile, are way ON IT. We did the research and didn't want to foolishy spend double or triple on an SL for the same speed and OLD hood style that might only last another year or whatever, just for a lil larger and nicer interior. We didn't just totter into Fletcher Jones in our high heels and head straight for the car all our friends have, an SL, and ask our husband to pretty please buy it for us. Gag.

People with 350s could just as easily being driving a Toyota, but people with SLK 55s are the smartest, coolest people on the planet
Old 10-11-2005, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by lisamcgu
There has already been a thread on this, so I'll state again, being in the MB capitol of North America, Orange County (grand opening of the MB Classic Ctr is Sun, Nov 13 in Irvine), and having like the first SLK55 here, I've had almost a year to watch the reaction my car gets over the billions of SLs that clog this area. SLs truly are like Newport Chevys. So dime a dozen, they are mundane with, its seems, only me getting excited at the occasional SL65 or, better, SL Brabus.

If it was a choice between a SL 55 and a SLK 55, guess which car will get parked up front - MINE. Hands down. Valet don't even blink at SLs. My car is still the only one I've seen at the Crystal Cove car show that is held in Newport Coast. One wknd there was 30 MILLION dollars worth of cars parked in just 2 little parking lots, the boring or mundane cars, LIKE SLs, parked in the overflow lots that couldn't keep up with the Enzos, Lambos, etc. My car was parked right next to a million dollar Cizeta and, after the initial rush, got just as much attention!

The first 2 hrs I had the car, I had two guys, separately, say, identically, "This is my dream car." When people see it they think it cost more than the SL because of the speed, technology and NEW styling, comparable only to the VERY MACHO half million dollar SLR. Those that know, know that those who bought and were able to secure an SLK 55, which was on the cover of Consumer Reports as their Best Bang for the Buck automobile, are way ON IT. We did the research and didn't want to foolishy spend double or triple on an SL for the same speed and OLD hood style that might only last another year or whatever, just for a lil larger and nicer interior. We didn't just totter into Fletcher Jones in our high heels and head straight for the car all our friends have, an SL, and ask our husband to pretty please buy it for us. Gag.

People with 350s could just as easily being driving a Toyota, but people with SLK 55s are the smartest, coolest people on the planet
Very well put. I wonder what the SL folks will be thinking when they see a Kleemann or Renntech modified SLK55 ..... :v
Old 10-11-2005, 10:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Coolest, maybe, but the smartest are definitely the few, fortunate folks driving the E55 wagons :v
Old 10-11-2005, 10:21 PM

AMG
Talking

That's more like it ....
Old 10-12-2005, 04:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by MGV156
Very well put. I wonder what the SL folks will be thinking when they see a Kleemann or Renntech modified SLK55 ..... :v
That's not the point. Even if you'd drive a super exclusive one of a kind SLK with 1000Hp, it would still be a chicks car. It has nothing to do with smarts, or style, or hipness, or wisdom, or money, or performance.

You just look at it and it hits you: "Hey, what a nice chicks car" (well, most peope do).

But why does labeling the SLK as a chicks car offend so many people? I drove an ML55 for some time, knowig very well that that's a house-wifes, or soccer-mom car (as most SUVs are). And I'm neither.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:41 AM

AMG
That's not the point. Even if you'd drive a super exclusive one of a kind SLK with 1000Hp, it would still be a chicks car. It has nothing to do with smarts, or style, or hipness, or wisdom, or money, or performance.

You just look at it and it hits you: "Hey, what a nice chicks car" (well, most peope do).

But why does labeling the SLK as a chicks car offend so many people? I drove an ML55 for some time, knowig very well that that's a house-wifes, or soccer-mom car (as most SUVs are). And I'm neither.
I like it being a chick's car + its a chicks magnet too BIG TIME
Old 10-12-2005, 02:53 PM

c32
I think it all comes down to your definition of a chicks car....I can't believe this thread is still going.. lol

If you rate a car as a chicks car simply because of its appearance thats one thing but you can't call the slk55 a chicks car based off its performance because its right up there with the best of them. Anyway we are all driving 70k benzes and higher here, lets stop the complaining and get back enjoying.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:44 PM

I believe the thread title is "Slk55 is No ..." I agree that the SLK 2004 and before and even the 2005 350 looks like a chick car, but the SLK55 is way different.

A couple motorcyclists pulled up next to me at a light and said to go fast so they could hear it. I did, and at the next light, I asked how they knew the car went fast. One guy said the exhausts and the other said the big AMG brakes. The 350 lacks this and more. The SLK55 is way different from your standard SLK and even passing motorcyclists (GUYS) can see it. If you're grouping all SLKs together, that already says you kinda don't have the experience of driving one, or seeing enough of them on the street, to comment.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:25 PM

AMG
I believe the thread title is "Slk55 is No ..." I agree that the SLK 2004 and before and even the 2005 350 looks like a chick car, but the SLK55 is way different.

A couple motorcyclists pulled up next to me at a light and said to go fast so they could hear it. I did, and at the next light, I asked how they knew the car went fast. One guy said the exhausts and the other said the big AMG brakes. The 350 lacks this and more. The SLK55 is way different from your standard SLK and even passing motorcyclists (GUYS) can see it. If you're grouping all SLKs together, that already says you kinda don't have the experience of driving one, or seeing enough of them on the street, to comment.

nice ....
Old 10-12-2005, 05:27 PM

SL55, ML500, GT3 RS, 997C2S

Maybe thread title should have been The SLK55 has allowed me to show women that I am in touch with my feminine side...WHILE KICKING *** AND TAKING NAMES
Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 PM

c32
Well Said

Bravo...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:12 AM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by AMG&AMG
hey iam not the one who started this stupid thread...

i'll show you my bro's SL55 , which I think its different than the SLK 55 , the SLK feels more nimble in corners, tight corners, but on the other hand the SL feels heavier, but I like the handling and the interior of the SL ... and the status too

we swap cars time to time, and now iam willing to get the 997 S with the x51 package (381 hp) or wait for the 997 GT3
And you're only 26? What team do you play baseball for?

I wouldn't call the SLK a chicks car per se, however it's the more feminine of the two roadsters MB produces and no matter how you cut it - the baby of the family. That said, would I be willing to be caught driving the R171? ABSOLUTELY. It's a terrific sled. I can't say the same thing about the R170, but the new SLK is a great looking and driving car.

~ Ian

Last edited by IanSL55; 10-13-2005 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM

c32
Hey look at that a kind opinion from the sl people. And I agree completely, the slk55 next the sl55 is definitely more feminine due to its size, can't argue that. But under the hood its a little beast.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scruffyone
Maybe thread title should have been The SLK55 has allowed me to show women that I am in touch with my feminine side...WHILE KICKING *** AND TAKING NAMES

Actually, almost no girls look at the car while I am eating lunch and its parked in front, but guys tend to like stop, looked a little shocked, and actually walk around it. When parked in downtown HB, the tourists love it and it gets it pic taken quite a bit, but never by a girl.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slk55 is No Chicks Car!