SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Brabus B55 S Kit: What is included???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SLK55
Brabus B55 S Kit: What is included???

Been browsing all the performance upgrade options and can't find much information on the B55 S kit other thatn it ups HP to 390. Does anyone know:

1) What is the torque,

2) What is included(ie what combination of ecu, header, exhaust, cam, other),

3) what is the cost

and

4) Does anyone have this upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any information!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:07 AM

SLK 55
I think it is just a cam , lifter spring upgrade and new cat. converter.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:54 PM

06 SLK55
Come on everyone!!! With all the resources we have here this is all i get!!! Someone must have this updgrade and have more info!!! HELP!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 PM

pm krk230. It his friend Tony who brought that Brabus SLK55 to the Oct 15 meet in Irvine. Tony took like 5 minutes to list all the stuff his car had and he was talkin fast. Sounded like he did alot of research and was really happy to share his knowledge and info. Pics are on the Oct 15 Meet thread. Should of showed up!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:18 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
pm krk230. It his friend Tony who brought that Brabus SLK55 to the Oct 15 meet in Irvine. Tony took like 5 minutes to list all the stuff his car had and he was talkin fast. Sounded like he did alot of research and was really happy to share his knowledge and info. Pics are on the Oct 15 Meet thread. Should of showed up!!!

Thank you!!! Jsut pm'd. I would ahve been there but i was out of town on work....arghhh...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:28 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Falco
Been browsing all the performance upgrade options and can't find much information on the B55 S kit other thatn it ups HP to 390. Does anyone know:

1) What is the torque,

2) What is included(ie what combination of ecu, header, exhaust, cam, other),

3) what is the cost

and

4) Does anyone have this upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any information!!!
Dude, pal, fellow SLK55 owner, have you never heard of Yahoo, Google?

Geezuz, give 'em a call. http://www.brabus-online.de/prog17e.htm

-Matt
Old 10-25-2005, 12:15 AM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Dude, pal, fellow SLK55 owner, have you never heard of Yahoo, Google?

Geezuz, give 'em a call. http://www.brabus-online.de/prog17e.htm

-Matt

Man i'm lazy!!! :p Actually, I work too damn much. I emailed but havent heard back so i figured i'd check with soemone whoe might have the kit...plus informoation direct from the manufacturer or direct form a fellow benz owner...which would you rather have?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:49 AM

07 CLS550 & 07 Accord
Originally Posted by Falco
Man i'm lazy!!! :p Actually, I work too damn much. I emailed but havent heard back so i figured i'd check with soemone whoe might have the kit...plus informoation direct from the manufacturer or direct form a fellow benz owner...which would you rather have?
If B55 S is same as B55 package, its about btw $4,500~$4,900 for the Kit includes, cams, springs, and something else.... HP,TQ increase btw 20-30..
Old 10-28-2005, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
actually i invited tony as a personal guest. his wife vanessa brought the brabus ml 55 as well.

tony is in the process of going from the b55 to a b55 with a kleeman s/c. he is not allowed to discuss prices however it took well over a week to do all the work. i know when we went to pick it up that monday b4 the show it wasnt ready. they still had a bunch of rebadging to do. i beleive brabus should have his f1/clk-dtm steering wheel in this week as well.

things i know it includes:
lifters
springs
cam
new badging
airbox update
k and n filters
simon at evosport said after he called andreas that it didnt appear to have an ecm update.

this is tje 1st one in the world done so its hard to expect anyone to have seen one other then this one 1st hand. it was picked up from brabus on that wednesday and brought to the meet on saturday. the best person to talk with on the details is NOT tony. the best person to talk with is ANDREAS at brabus in newport beach. we are not sure if it was dynoed b4 it left brabus however it will be dynoed b4 and after the s/c is installed by evosport.

i know for a fact we (in the slk) were driving circles around a 996 watercooled porsche the wednesday after the meet. tony's bro was going to buy the porsche until he saw how easily the slk ate it up. every run we did with 2 people in each car the slk had the porsche by at least 4 car lengths. the porsche was shifting its heart out while we never even burned rubber or used the paddle shifting. as a passenger it was hard to tell (with the top down) that the slk was moving out that fast. the power is super smooth.

another tid bit of info is that the slk is tony's daily driver. so the b55 update has not hampered its use as a daily driver. he also has a brabus ml55 and a ferrari modena 360 cs and he prefers the slk. i prefer the ferrari.

this car will not be at sema either. tony will be there at the brabus booth as a guest however i dont know what day. i think it might be wednesday. i can ask if you are going to sema.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:29 AM

06 SLK55
Thank you for the information! This really helps me out in the quest for the best route to take. I will not be going to SEMA but i know a few fellow enthusiasts that are going and will be gathering information!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hopefully this might help?

Old 11-01-2005, 05:07 PM

06 SLK55
Man they really bend you over compared to Kleemann!!!