Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:52 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 slk55
NorCal race on Sunday

NorCal Race on Sunday

For those of you that have contemplated racing your car, there is an autocross event tomorrow at the Oakland Coliseum. It is loads of fun, very safe, and very cheap. I will be attending with my wife. It is my 3rd event and her 1st. I strongly urge anyone that is mildly interested to attend. I'll be more than happy to show people around and explain the details.

It is free to attend and simply watch.
It costs $30 if you want to race as a guest.
They only allow 5 guests per event. If you want to go as my guest, I am willing to sponsor you. Again, the cost will only be $30 but you need to get there early and find me.

The r171 races in 'A' class. You can read more about class categories here:
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Lists/2006/stockc.html

For more information about the event, click here:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results...und1_info.html

For more information about AutoX in general, click here:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/survival.html

'A' stock runs in the morning. Even if you're busy on Sunday, you can come and leave by 10am. Like I said, if you are just mildly interested, attend and see what it’s all about! Besides, your car deserves to rev high every once in a while. What better, safer place than this to experience a little adrenaline rush?

Looking forward to meeting some of you,
Dan
Old 02-05-2006, 05:15 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by dsb
NorCal Race on Sunday

For those of you that have contemplated racing your car, there is an autocross event tomorrow at the Oakland Coliseum. It is loads of fun, very safe, and very cheap. I will be attending with my wife. It is my 3rd event and her 1st. I strongly urge anyone that is mildly interested to attend. I'll be more than happy to show people around and explain the details.

It is free to attend and simply watch.
It costs $30 if you want to race as a guest.
They only allow 5 guests per event. If you want to go as my guest, I am willing to sponsor you. Again, the cost will only be $30 but you need to get there early and find me.

The r171 races in 'A' class. You can read more about class categories here:
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Lists/2006/stockc.html

For more information about the event, click here:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results...und1_info.html

For more information about AutoX in general, click here:
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/survival.html

'A' stock runs in the morning. Even if you're busy on Sunday, you can come and leave by 10am. Like I said, if you are just mildly interested, attend and see what it’s all about! Besides, your car deserves to rev high every once in a while. What better, safer place than this to experience a little adrenaline rush?

Looking forward to meeting some of you,
Dan
Dan nice meeting you & Sarah today. You did a good job - your times were getting good. You beat an S2000 equipped with R compound Kuhmos on a TIGHT course with many corners where you couldn't really flex the V8 enough. Sarah did a great job too .

Time for Thunderhill or Seca in the coming months.

See ya pal,
-Matt
Old 02-06-2006, 11:22 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Thanks Matt.

It was nice meeting you and Catheryn (Catherine, Katheryn, Katherine... you can correct me). It was a pretty fun day. I'm sure glad you came out. Your Kleeman looks super clean and that exhaust is sweet. I can only imagine how it sounds when you're on it. I guess I'll have to get you on a track to see it perform for real! *fingers crossed* BTW, I was telling several people about your car as you drove away. Their jaws dropped as I told them how much power you were putting down. They all ask what times you put in. I think everyone would love to see that thing on a track! Let me know when you get out on Thunderhill, etc. I'll sign up with ya! I plan on attending Thunderhill driving school in late April. That should be some fun.

Thanks for the advice on the tire pressure. That saved me a sec! Actually 1.3 seconds.

The event ran a bit longer than expected. After you left, a Camaro monster lost its wheel after the lug bolts snapped! It was fun trying to load that thing into a trailer. I guess it's true that you shouldn't use spacers! This guy used two! Check out the pics!
Attached Thumbnails NorCal race on Sunday-before.jpg   NorCal race on Sunday-after.jpg  
Old 02-07-2006, 11:22 AM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by dsb
Thanks Matt.

It was nice meeting you and Catheryn (Catherine, Katheryn, Katherine... you can correct me). It was a pretty fun day. I'm sure glad you came out. Your Kleeman looks super clean and that exhaust is sweet. I can only imagine how it sounds when you're on it. I guess I'll have to get you on a track to see it perform for real! *fingers crossed* BTW, I was telling several people about your car as you drove away. Their jaws dropped as I told them how much power you were putting down. They all ask what times you put in. I think everyone would love to see that thing on a track! Let me know when you get out on Thunderhill, etc. I'll sign up with ya! I plan on attending Thunderhill driving school in late April. That should be some fun.

Thanks for the advice on the tire pressure. That saved me a sec! Actually 1.3 seconds.

The event ran a bit longer than expected. After you left, a Camaro monster lost its wheel after the lug bolts snapped! It was fun trying to load that thing into a trailer. I guess it's true that you shouldn't use spacers! This guy used two! Check out the pics!
Yes, spacers are likely OK for a car that is not pushed hard in corners. However, the results you saw for the Camaro on a track speak for themselves. I hope nobody got hurt.

BTW, you also beat that topless yellow C5 Vette with your times & he had race Khumos as well. These little SLK55s handle pretty well (and you had your top down - put it up & you will pick up a little more chassis rigidity).

Thanks for the props on our SLK. I don't think it would have had that impressive of a time - it was a small autocross course. I'll track it at Seca or Thunderhill for grins this Spring where it can use its power a bit more . Kathryn says hi to Sara .

See ya Dan!
-Matt