SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Lowered pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by dinko
I don't have PS2's, I have Pirelli Rosso's. It would be nice to keep the set up, it looks killer and I'll save a few hundred in swapping the springs again. Neal, can you chime in brotha? Has the SLK350's that you guys did have rolled fenders?

I mainly notice the rubbing when I have a passenger and am going around a very sharp turn and when going over big bumps.
Dinko, your SLK looks great! Its a friggin' shame you are experiencing rubbing because the car sits just right (not excessively lowered like some people do).

Ya know, even if/when you go back to stock springs, your car will/would look great (you already have a great set of rims/tires that set the car off).

You will have to let us know once you have this minor issue resolved - don't let it eat at ya - just be careful driving until you get your springs swapped.

See ya,
-Matt
Old 02-12-2006, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Dinko, your SLK looks great! Its a friggin' shame you are experiencing rubbing because the car sits just right (not excessively lowered like some people do).

Ya know, even if/when you go back to stock springs, your car will/would look great (you already have a great set of rims/tires that set the car off).

You will have to let us know once you have this minor issue resolved - don't let it eat at ya - just be careful driving until you get your springs swapped.

See ya,
-Matt
Thanks brotha
Old 02-13-2006, 03:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by dinko
I don't have PS2's, I have Pirelli Rosso's. It would be nice to keep the set up, it looks killer and I'll save a few hundred in swapping the springs again. Neal, can you chime in brotha? Has the SLK350's that you guys did have rolled fenders?

I mainly notice the rubbing when I have a passenger and am going around a very sharp turn and when going over big bumps.

Where is the rubbing coming from? The front or rear? and you say its just when you have a passenger or going over a sharp turn or bump sounds to me it is minor and easy to fix what is causing it to rub. Have you physically looked closely at the wheels/fenrders to see if you can possibly see where it is rubbing?

The SLK i recently did was an SLK55 with HRE's, Brabus springs and NO RUBBING with me and the passenger driving very aggressive. I have done many SLK350 and a few SLK280s with 19" wheels and I also have never experienced rubbing with either.

It may be you offset of the wheels. But still sounds very minor like you can fix it anyway.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Neal, sorry I completely missed your last post.

I'll send you a PM..