no competitors to Kleemann

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
no competitors to Kleemann

I know that both Carlsson and Renntech make superchargers for the SLK55. (as well as a couple other tuners)

My surprise is that I can't seem to find any owners that have chosen Carlsson or Renntech over Kleemann. I would have that that a least a couple would have chosen Renntech or Carlsson over Kleemann.

I'm not talking about the normal Supercharged cars that get pulleys etc. I'm talking about cars like ours SLK55 that are still naturally aspirated and get a full Supercharger kit.

While doing my research ... it seems that the Renntech kit and Kleemann pretty much are around the same price. THe Carlsson one is WAY up there. Maybe if you got a good discount it might get close but to be honest I can't see spending that much more for a carlsson kit over a Renntech or Kleemann.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of an owner of a Renntech or Carlsson kit?

BTW, Yes I'm aware that the Kleemann kits are stated to have more HP but I'm looking to gather all the info I can.

I"m looking for a kit that I can send my car to the shop and 1 week later pick my car up without having to go back to the shop repeatedly to fix stuff. I'm assuming that in the 1-2 week time they should be able to install and tune the ECU properly.

I'd even be willing to not have the MOST HP as long as I don't have to deal with the normal problems.

Now, it could be that what i want is a pipe dream ... if so let me know.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
You remind me of.... me! If I want something done on my car I want it in and out in no time. I don't blame you my friend
Old 02-15-2006, 10:54 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
I know that both Carlsson and Renntech make superchargers for the SLK55. (as well as a couple other tuners)

My surprise is that I can't seem to find any owners that have chosen Carlsson or Renntech over Kleemann. I would have that that a least a couple would have chosen Renntech or Carlsson over Kleemann.

I'm not talking about the normal Supercharged cars that get pulleys etc. I'm talking about cars like ours SLK55 that are still naturally aspirated and get a full Supercharger kit.

While doing my research ... it seems that the Renntech kit and Kleemann pretty much are around the same price. THe Carlsson one is WAY up there. Maybe if you got a good discount it might get close but to be honest I can't see spending that much more for a carlsson kit over a Renntech or Kleemann.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of an owner of a Renntech or Carlsson kit?

BTW, Yes I'm aware that the Kleemann kits are stated to have more HP but I'm looking to gather all the info I can.

I"m looking for a kit that I can send my car to the shop and 1 week later pick my car up without having to go back to the shop repeatedly to fix stuff. I'm assuming that in the 1-2 week time they should be able to install and tune the ECU properly.

I'd even be willing to not have the MOST HP as long as I don't have to deal with the normal problems.

Now, it could be that what i want is a pipe dream ... if so let me know.
Jessie, you are adding an aftermarket supercharger to a $70k Mercedes sports car. A blower install & associated tuning should take about 2 wks. Get this cycle time commit up front from a Kleemann authorized center or you can make an appt w/Kleemann USA in Co.

You mentioned "normal problems" - such as? My S7 runs like a champ (my tuning took some time - I was in no hurry though). Now CTM (local to you & I) has their own Kleemann box & cable to tune on site vs sending the ECU (if required) to Colorado.

We all know modding cars has pros & cons. The more mods you make, the more specialization and time is required to ensure the car is properly fitted out. IMHO, its a small trade off, made up front, to obtain a quicker car. But hey, its not for everyone. You may want to consider passing on the blower & focusing on the headers, ECU, and an LSD? You will get more power for less money with less complexity? Seriously, you might consider it my friend. You will make the right choice for yourself - you are being wise by doing research up front.

I know we enjoy our S7. Small animals run for cover when even the slightest pressure is applied to the throttle. Muhahaha!!!

Cheers!
-Matt