SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Eastern Seabord Drive! Am I the only one envious of the No Cal guys?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK350
Eastern Seabord Drive! Am I the only one envious of the No Cal guys?

Those guys are having too much fun. Good for them. The rest of us need to get off our duffs and organize our own local drives. Who's with me?

I'm taking the lead, and asking for anyone in the mid-Atlantic states to contact me. I know you're out there. I used to see an R171 regularly on Atlantic Beach last summer. Let's start a dialogue and get some drives going. It's an amazing drive from Wilmington up to Nag's Head, NC. I don't have to tell anyone how cool the Blue Ridge Parkway drive is.

We have a beautiful state with some beautiful drives here in North Carolina. I'm proposing a weekend long drive sometime between March and June. I'm giving lots of notice in order to hopefully get a big response. I'll also cross-post in the R170, R171, and SLK32 threads.

Let's make plans to go somewhere, see something, do something...
Old 02-21-2006, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK55 AMG; 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8; and 2004 PT Cruiser GT Turbo (Modified)
The Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles) are great roads - Did them from Michigan last October once I had my 1000 mile break-in behind me. I usually head south for races (Rolex 24 hour @ Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring) and might be able to make an event if the timing works.......