SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2006 | 06:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ekovalsky
Scary thing is that I've thought of that

Eric @ Bumperplugs.com got back to me fast and said that the Porsche "Slate Gray Metallic" is basically an exact match for MB Designo Graphite. So I will just need to enlarge the dealer-drilled holes to 1/4" (if necessary) and install the plugs.

Hopefully there will be just two holes, has anyone else removed a dealer-installed CLS front plate holder ?
Depends on the dealer I believe on how they drill.

My dads R230 was two holed.
Old 04-01-2006 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by JBRhee
Thanks for the replies guys. I actually ordered the bumper plugs, but when I got home yesterday, I took the license plate off and saw 4 1/8" holes instead of 2. So, I rushed over to Home Depot and bought some nylon plugs, but they look terrible. Apparently, the dealer didn't do a good job of the drilling so the front actually looks "bruised."
So the nylon plugs look terrible. How are the bumper plugs compared to the nylon plugs. Are they worth $25 a pair?
Old 04-02-2006 | 12:50 AM
Almost a Member!

Slk350(weekend), Mazda 3s (boosted)
i used bondo..
Old 04-02-2006 | 05:32 PM

2002 c32
So you're driving right at the speed limit all the time?

Originally Posted by PaulX608
I agree that it's a small thing, but it seems foolhearty to me to drive around with a veritable neon sign on the front of your vehicle stating that you disrespect and openly defy state laws and the men and women who risk their lives daily to enforce them. One could deduce from your attitude that there are other laws about which you don't care, and could probalby violate without remorse. Are we to only comply with laws with which we agree? Where do you draw the line? Is it acceptable to run a stop sign if nobody's around? Is it OK to exceed the speed limit because you feel your skills surpass those of others on the road? Or drive after drinking because you 'feel just fine'? I guess, to me, it's just a matter of principle.
Old 04-05-2006 | 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBZ SLK
Originally Posted by Stiggs
So the nylon plugs look terrible. How are the bumper plugs compared to the nylon plugs. Are they worth $25 a pair?
The holes drilled in the US must be bigger than the ones drilled in Germany. I had two little holes that I'd filled with nylon plugs from Home Depot. I painted the nylon plugs and it's hardly noticable. Doesn't look bad to me at all, I've taken many photos and posted on the forums, hardly anybody noticed.