SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Southern California Meet and Drive . . . Who's Interested?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006 | 02:46 PM

2006 Brabus B55 (Brabus Modified SLK55)
Southern California Meet and Drive . . . Who's Interested?

I would be willing to spearhead a Southern California SLK Meet and Drive here in Orange County this summer. I would also be willing to approach BRABUS NA and Fletcher Jones MB Newport Beach as potential sponsors. But before I approach them, I would like to know how many of you would be TRULY interested in doing something like this. Throw your hat in the ring only if it is something that you would really be interested in doing. We would most likely do it on a Saturday somewhere in Irvine. We could meet, drive to a nice place to eat and then drive back and hang out. We could have presentations from BRABUS, Fletcher Jones, and possibly others. We could make it a true event. I would hire a professional camera crew and producer to tape it and make a 30-minute video of the event for all who attend. It could really be great.

I am thinking that this type of event would require some sort of admission fee to offset the costs of the meal, t-shirts, etc. The sponsors may pick up part of this but I doubt all of it.

Right now I just would like to gauge your reaction and find out how many would make a commitment to come if it met with their schedule.

Let me know.
Old 03-22-2006 | 03:08 PM
Out Of Control!

Mr B55,

I might be interested depending on how much it's going to cost as far as admission etc. Let me know and maybe we can do the....B55 vs 55K S8 . But again let me know. Saturday would be preferred. You may also want to post this on the Event & Gathering section.
Old 03-23-2006 | 04:18 PM

You are limiting yourself by only having SLKs.

Personally, I think it would look cool, just SLKs driving down the road, but that is if you are expecting just so many cars, probably not enough to justify Brabus and FJ's sponsorship.
The SLKs drives up north (posted on the Events board) only draw between 10-20 cars and they are well organized with videos, personal email announcements, etc.

There are probably more SLKs down here in SoCal so you may have more response. Good luck